oCarbon.com - 991 carbon fiber interior trim - introductory pricing

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 11:32 AM
oCarbon
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default oCarbon.com - 991 carbon fiber interior trim - introductory pricing

Hey guys,

My name is Matt and I'm the owner of oCarbon. We've been hand making real carbon fiber interior trim sets for high end European vehicles for the last 9 years (mostly Audis and BMWs) and are now looking to offer our services to Porsche owners.

We need to find a few 991 owners who'd like to be the first to have our carbon fiber interior trim made for their vehicles. We're able to a significant discount to the first few who take the plunge.

These sets would be made using actual carbon fiber, epoxy, and clearcoat (no fake vinyl or stickers or anything else of that nature) wrapped over an OEM set of trim for a perfect OEM fit. Different fabric weaves and colors are available for a more custom look.

Intro pricing: $800 + a core deposit
Core deposit: $450 - this is the replacement cost of the original trim. After you've installed the carbon fiber trim, you can either keep your original trim and forfeit the deposit or return your original trim and have the deposit refunded in full.
Shipping: free to the US, $25-50 to Canada, $65 international

Interested? Shoot an email to matt@ocarbon.com with your full vehicle info (model, year, auto/manual) along with what you'd be interested in. If you've got good photography skills and are willing to help us with installed pictures and/or an install guide, this would be appreciated as well.

Check out some of the vehicles we've done in our gallery: http://ocarbon.com/gallery

See some of the more custom pieces we've done in our blog: http://ocarbon.com/blog

Few pictures of our first 991 set:

A few comparison shots between our trim and the OEM trim. Our trim is done in an 2x2 twill fabric, the OEM is done in a 1x1 fabric:

Frequently asked questions

Q: Can you give me a little more info about the process?

A: Sure. We would take the original trim, remove excess material, wrap it with real carbon fiber, coat it with epoxy, sand it smooth, spray it with clearcoat, and buff it to a shine. The whole process takes about 3-4 weeks, and we'd send the newly made trim to you.

Q: So you won't be making molded pieces?

A: Nope. We've found that molded interior trim pieces never really fit right and they don't look as good as overlaid parts. Using an original OEM piece as a base means all the OEM tabs for a perfect fit.

Q: What about the added carbon? Won't that make the pieces bigger?

A: No. We sand down the original cores to make room for the extra carbon fiber and epoxy. We rarely have any fit issues with pieces, and we guarantee fitment, so if for some reason something doesn't fit quite right, we'll fix it until it does.

Q: Where are these pieces made? I'm worried about quality from overseas companies.

A: Everything is made in house in our facility in Glendale, AZ. We control the process from start to finish. It costs more, but the end quality is much, much higher.

Q: Speaking of quality, can you give me more info about the materials you use?

A: Most companies use a cheap 5.7oz 2x2 twill fabric for their parts. This fabric has gaps in the weave and can be susceptible to weave distortion around complex corners. We only use name brand (mostly Japanese based Toray) 11oz 2x2 twill, that has a much thicker and tighter weave. Again, it costs more, but it makes a huge difference in how the end product works. We also use only the highest end epoxies that have UV inhibitors to prohibit fading and yellowing. We finish the pieces in high-solids polyurethane clearcoat for a deep, glossy shine.

Q: What about a warranty?

A: We offer a full, one year warranty on every product we sell, even these development products.

Q: Custom fabrics?

A:
Yup. If we can order it, we can make parts with it. Silver carbon fiber is pretty popular, as are red or blue carbon kevlar. There are also quite a few custom black fabric weaves available as well.

Q: Can you make other interior parts? Exterior parts?

A: Probably. We're focusing on interior trim parts for now, and might be open to simple overlaid exterior parts. Email us if you'd like a quote.

Q: You didn't answer a question I had.

A:
Shoot an email to matt@ocarbon.com and I'll do my best to help you.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:32 PM
trysixty
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

This is all very nice stuff!!! However there seems to be overabundance of carbon fiber interior parts manufactures and very few (1) aftermarket firms making leather interior parts for the Porsche. have you ever considered this?
Old 06-11-2013, 12:57 PM
oCarbon
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by trysixty
This is all very nice stuff!!! However there seems to be overabundance of carbon fiber interior parts manufactures and very few (1) aftermarket firms making leather interior parts for the Porsche. have you ever considered this?
We don't have the knowledge or equipment to manufacture leather interior parts. I'm sure any custom upholstery shop can do what you'd like though.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:08 PM
oCarbon
Former Vendor

Still looking for a few more people who'd like to have some carbon fiber interior trim made for their 991. I'm not sure how much longer I can offer this introductory pricing, so email me at matt@ocarbon.com if you're interested.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:18 PM
meine911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you use the carbon fiber hydro dip process for covering trim?
Old 06-21-2013, 11:37 AM
oCarbon
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by meine911
Do you use the carbon fiber hydro dip process for covering trim?
No. This is real carbon fiber that has been laminated to a core. It is manufactured in a similar way to the OEM trim.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:31 PM
oCarbon
Former Vendor

We just got started on our first custom colored set, its turning out really nice. Epoxy will be going down on these pieces shortly. Email me at matt@ocarbon.com if you're interested in having a set made.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:57 AM
oCarbon
Former Vendor

Progress on the red 991 set. Once the epoxy is cured, we'll trim off the excess and sand them smooth and get them ready for clearcoat.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:37 PM
oCarbon
Former Vendor

This red set is nearly done. Still looking for more people to get a custom set made in other fabrics, or even just the standard black fabric.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:53 PM
advantyper
Instructor

Wow thats really sharp, same price of $800 + core deposit for the black/red carbon fiber trim set?
Old 08-02-2013, 03:08 AM
dr bit
Rennlist Member

Pm sent
Old 08-02-2013, 02:42 PM
oCarbon
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by advantyper
Wow thats really sharp, same price of $800 + core deposit for the black/red carbon fiber trim set?
Yes. In the future, fabric upgrades will be additional, but for now we're doing them for free. I have blue, red, yellow, and orange in stock. I think there might be green available too.

Originally Posted by dr bit
Pm sent
I don't see any PMs. It's best if you email me at matt@ocarbon.com.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:28 PM
advantyper
Instructor

Nice, can you pose pictures of the blue, yellow, orange and green, finished product? doesn't have to be 991 of course, just want to get an idea and visual of what it looks like

Originally Posted by oCarbon
Yes. In the future, fabric upgrades will be additional, but for now we're doing them for free. I have blue, red, yellow, and orange in stock. I think there might be green available too.

I don't see any PMs. It's best if you email me at matt@ocarbon.com.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:38 PM
oCarbon
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by advantyper
Nice, can you pose pictures of the blue, yellow, orange and green, finished product? doesn't have to be 991 of course, just want to get an idea and visual of what it looks like
I don't have any of the orange and green, but I've got a bunch of the blue, red, and a few of the yellow:

http://ocarbon.com/blog/tag/kevlar/

Old 09-04-2013, 10:13 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Matt,
Sorry to use this venue to contact you but you have not responded to my emails and your phone number is "no longer in service". I also want others on the forum to be aware of this. As you know, I sent you my deposit months ago, then I sent you the core that surrounds the gear shifter. As of yet, I have not received my finished product from you. I do not want to jump to any conclusions yet and wanted to give you the benefit of doubt before I proceed further. Please let me know if you intend to send me my parts or not. Thanks.
Sam

Quick Reply: oCarbon.com - 991 carbon fiber interior trim - introductory pricing