Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WINDOW EXPLOSION

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Zmoney3982
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The window is completely shattered, I doubt there is much any forensics can discover. The customer service is very good, I am quite happy that it is somehow covered under warranty. On the flip side though, no one has said what the problem was that does bring it under warranty.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:26 PM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

They are just giving you a "gimme." Pretty much no way there was any defect with that glass. Windshields on some cars (R53 US MINI's for an example) have been known to stress crack and break due to engineering/mounting issues, but that side window isn't "fixed" like a windshield would be. I agree that a projectile, either intentional or accidental, hit your side window and they're just being nice.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Mike Andrews
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtbscott
They are just giving you a "gimme." Pretty much no way there was any defect with that glass. Windshields on some cars (R53 US MINI's for an example) have been known to stress crack and break due to engineering/mounting issues, but that side window isn't "fixed" like a windshield would be. I agree that a projectile, either intentional or accidental, hit your side window and they're just being nice.

Sounds like they went to bat for you......

You should take a container of cookies, or something similar, when you go to pick up your car as a thank you.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Zmoney3982
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Agreed, thanks for the perspective guys. Not used to this kind of customer service, it's refreshing.

Quick Reply: WINDOW EXPLOSION