Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So you think it's just a bumper job, huh?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 01:15 AM
Jay99
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Thank you Sam!! My Porsche was rear ended, the other vehicle smashed my rear right bumper. Right side rear passenger tail light broke and right side bumper significantly damaged. Looks like crushed 2 Liter coke bottle. Way more damage than the 911 in your pictures. Rear quarter panel looks fine to me. Doing some research tonight on where to have car repaired. I have used trusted local small shop for over 20 years. The shop has been in business 75 years, know the owner from too many visits...on non high end cars. Owner looked at my car today and said don't worry will make it like new. Your in luck it is just the bumper. Have an adjuster look at it and bring me his estimate. I drove away thinking the engine sits in the rear did any damage happen? Decided to check Rennlist to see what I could find. Glad I found this old stream of messages.

There is Porsche Certified Body Shop 50 miles from my home in NY. The local shop is 3 miles away. After seeing those 911 pictures will definitely use Certified Porsche shop. I have Amica fingers cross they deliver. The claim is subrogated to other car owner who hit me. Thanks for educating me with this old post!!
Old 01-28-2022, 10:54 PM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay99
Thank you Sam!! My Porsche was rear ended, the other vehicle smashed my rear right bumper. Right side rear passenger tail light broke and right side bumper significantly damaged. Looks like crushed 2 Liter coke bottle. Way more damage than the 911 in your pictures. Rear quarter panel looks fine to me. Doing some research tonight on where to have car repaired. I have used trusted local small shop for over 20 years. The shop has been in business 75 years, know the owner from too many visits...on non high end cars. Owner looked at my car today and said don't worry will make it like new. Your in luck it is just the bumper. Have an adjuster look at it and bring me his estimate. I drove away thinking the engine sits in the rear did any damage happen? Decided to check Rennlist to see what I could find. Glad I found this old stream of messages.

There is Porsche Certified Body Shop 50 miles from my home in NY. The local shop is 3 miles away. After seeing those 911 pictures will definitely use Certified Porsche shop. I have Amica fingers cross they deliver. The claim is subrogated to other car owner who hit me. Thanks for educating me with this old post!!
I’ve had a few claims with Amica and they’ve always been great. You are smart to subrogate. Get your own estimate from your shop of choice and provide to the appraiser straight away.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:54 PM
Jay99
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the positive news on Amica! The Porsche Authorized shop owner also liked Amica. He said State Farm will not allow his customers to use his shop since his hourly rates are higher. Porsche shop owner said not really going to know what you are dealing with until bumper is removed. Yes, local shop maybe able to handle it but, if there is issues with aluminum components he will not have right tools and parts to do the job correctly. Definitely using Porsche Authorized shop, at least eventually when I sell the car will have documentation it was done correctly. Thank you!
Old 02-19-2023, 11:41 PM
Longboatkey07
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi @Sam Zamir hoping you could give me some pointers, My graphite blue 991.2 got tboned by a Hyundai Sonata last week and the appraiser is going out Tuesday.
I am hoping for it to be totaled as it just won’t feel the same but equally if it is not as bad as it looks it’s not the end of the world.
pictures are on this thread.

thank-you in advance.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1167...otaled-10.html

Quick Reply: So you think it's just a bumper job, huh?