Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it common for delivery date to be delayed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 02:32 AM
chailinchou
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it common for delivery date to be delayed?

On May 4 my sales said he confirmed with Porsche that my C4S was for July delivery, and now he says the delivery date has been bumped to mid-August.

I certainly can understand that schedule changes, but what troubles me is that the sale has on two occasions tried to convince me to take a delayed delivery, but I refused, and also the communication has been very spartan. Part of me thinks that I am just having 911 deprivation anxiety, but I can't stop wondering if he had sold my slot to someone else who didn't bargained as hard as I did. If that is the case, I wouldn't want to do business with this guy. Let me know what you guys think. Perhaps I can request the detailed order history to see if he has processed my order on the day he said he did?
Old 05-25-2013, 06:49 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

There were issues with delivery dates back in March when PCNA changed their software program system wide. After that, most dealerships knew their exact allocations. My dealer, being very large, had 4 slots for April builds. I got the 2nd one and the printout I was given mid-March had the dates with the latest possible delivery date (June 7). The car was built right on time and actually arrived in Brunswick 2 days early on May 10. The dealership received it on May 21.
I personally think you are either being jerked around or you are working with a smaller shop that has little clot and low allocations. Problem is, if you switch now, you may wind up having to wait even longer since you would be put at the end of present allocations.
My feeling is if you have to wait until summer, it might be best to contact a large dealer, with lots of allocations, select a date that will deliver a 2014 car in September and not a '13 just a month or so sooner. Good Luck.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:05 PM
John's 991
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Feb 2012 was delayed first because of the delete sunroof option then again for no specific reason. Once it was built, however it stayed pretty much in time.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:07 PM
drandall
Track Day

My build was rescheduled 10 times, starting March 5 (12-11-2012 order date, when I traded my 2005 911). Those reschedules pushed back the delivery date 6 times. It was finally completed last week and went to port on May 17, so it is now on the ship.

Quick Reply: Is it common for delivery date to be delayed?