Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

European Delivery Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 06:32 PM
alanjcook
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bummed out about that girl friend thing ... so I guess no point asking for advice there

Yup, you are on your own :-) BTW, With few exceptions, there is an inverse relationship between a woman's interest in my car and the extent I actually want to date them!

When you did your ED, would the insurance allow other people to drive the car? (I'm having my brother meeting me at the pickup, and I wanted to allow him to drive the car around as well, with me in it ...)

There was an option to have other additional drivers. I believe they need to be present at time of pickup.

Did you have to get an international driver license? (I can't tell for sure if it's required).

I did NOT get an international driver's license. I got pulled over by a cop in Germany, showed him my USA driver's license and was released without incident. In the future I am 50/50 if I would get an int'l DL.

Did you inquiry about possible be able to hit the track in Leipzig, even if you pick up the car in Stuttgart? (Seems easier for me to fly in to Frankfurt, and take the train to Stuttgart instead of Frankfurt->Leipzig).

Generally you cannot take your own car on the track in Leipzig. You drive a factory-provided car at the track. I ended up picking up and dropping off my car in Stuttgart, but I had a conversation with Porsche USA HQ in Atlanta about a Leipzip drop off. They said it wasn't common but was possible to arrange a track session at drop off. They were unclear if there would be a cost. My travel plans changed so I didn't pursue the answer. BTW, benefit of Stuttgart pickup over Leipzip pickup is ability to tour 911 factory and access the Porsche Museum (as well as visiting the Mercedes Museum, too).

Have a great trip!

Quick Reply: European Delivery Tomorrow