Ordered...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 03:05 AM
knasman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ordered...

Hi,

First post here, but I've been lurking for a little bit. Mostly to learn what options to tick! I currently drive 2010 M3, and my past cars have pretty much all been BMW's. So this is my first Porsche. I originally put in the order near the end of April, but was then told by the dealer that the earliest they could get was a September production slot. September, really? I pushed him a little bit and he pushed at the other end, and apparently that was enough to get pushed to a early July build completion date. The build:

991 4S
Agathe grey
Premium Package Plus
PDK
Sports chrono
Full black leather
Glass sunroof (weight is a downer, but I love this on my M3)
PDCC w/ PASM
Black bi-xenon w/PDLS
Bose audio

Now I must play the waiting game...
Old 05-14-2013, 04:19 AM
Mr.Boon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time goes very slow from now on... trust me I'm still waiting myself. But congrats on the order!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:39 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by knasman
Hi,

First post here, but I've been lurking for a little bit. Mostly to learn what options to tick! I currently drive 2010 M3, and my past cars have pretty much all been BMW's. So this is my first Porsche. I originally put in the order near the end of April, but was then told by the dealer that the earliest they could get was a September production slot. September, really? I pushed him a little bit and he pushed at the other end, and apparently that was enough to get pushed to a early July build completion date. The build:

991 4S
Agathe grey
Premium Package Plus
PDK
Sports chrono
Full black leather
Glass sunroof (weight is a downer, but I love this on my M3)
PDCC w/ PASM
Black bi-xenon w/PDLS
Bose audio

Now I must play the waiting game...
Nice build...see if you can add the PSE. It's a must!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:43 AM
knasman
Instructor

Originally Posted by LonnieR
Nice build...see if you can add the PSE. It's a must!
Yeah, unfortunately that was a mistake and I have realized it. I talked to the dealer yesterday, but apparently it's not possible to change any options since it already has a build slot and confirmed build completion date. So at this point I'll just take it as-is, and then if I truly do miss PSE, then I can always add it later after taking delivery.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:00 AM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by knasman
Yeah, unfortunately that was a mistake and I have realized it. I talked to the dealer yesterday, but apparently it's not possible to change any options since it already has a build slot and confirmed build completion date. So at this point I'll just take it as-is, and then if I truly do miss PSE, then I can always add it later after taking delivery.
I am considering adding PSE later once I have the car for a bit. At the time it just seemed incredibly expensive, but it sounds like people here think it's worth it!

Trust me, I know the waiting game is tough. I ordered mine April 5 and am flying over to Germany in just 6 days to get it. Each day passes more slowly than the one before it....
Old 05-14-2013, 12:03 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Great looking build sheet Can't wait to see it when it finally arrives. Youtube and rennlist are going to be your best friend for the next few months while your waiting.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:20 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

just curious with that build date, is it 2013 or 2014?
Old 05-14-2013, 01:46 PM
kitwetzler
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthboy
I am considering adding PSE later once I have the car for a bit. At the time it just seemed incredibly expensive, but it sounds like people here think it's worth it!

Trust me, I know the waiting game is tough. I ordered mine April 5 and am flying over to Germany in just 6 days to get it. Each day passes more slowly than the one before it....
I really regretted not getting PSE after everyone talked about it. Drove a C4S with PSE at the Porsche World Tour last weekend and was really underwhelmed. It sounded great from outside the car, and the pops and burbles with the windows down were really nice. But, from inside the car, with the windows up, I could hardly tell a difference. Yes, it was a little weird that they made us drive with the windows up on track... but that is beside the point.

I'll likely get one of the many X pipes on the market rather than PSE.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Nicely done. I love my PSE and can't imagine the car without it, but as has already been pointed out, you can retrofit later or there are aftermarket options to get more sound.

Welcome to the club. You won't be disappointed.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:24 PM
knasman
Instructor

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning
Great looking build sheet Can't wait to see it when it finally arrives. Youtube and rennlist are going to be your best friend for the next few months while your waiting.
Thanks, and yeah, it'll be a tough wait... At least (or?) I have a move in between the dates which will eat a considerable amount of time. But still, can't wait to get it between my hands!
Old 05-14-2013, 02:25 PM
knasman
Instructor

Originally Posted by jlanka
just curious with that build date, is it 2013 or 2014?
That's for a 2014 build.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:26 PM
knasman
Instructor

Originally Posted by kitwetzler
I really regretted not getting PSE after everyone talked about it. Drove a C4S with PSE at the Porsche World Tour last weekend and was really underwhelmed. It sounded great from outside the car, and the pops and burbles with the windows down were really nice. But, from inside the car, with the windows up, I could hardly tell a difference. Yes, it was a little weird that they made us drive with the windows up on track... but that is beside the point.

I'll likely get one of the many X pipes on the market rather than PSE.
That's what I'm considering as well, if I end up thinking it needs a little more roar. At this point, PSE is just one of many other options out there. And it might not even be the best one. Though I am a stickler for using OEM parts, but...
Old 05-14-2013, 02:27 PM
knasman
Instructor

Originally Posted by stealthboy

Heh, I'm in Europe until July, in fact flying out west just 3 days before the build completion date! But the car will see the autobahn at one point in its life, that is for sure
Old 05-14-2013, 06:54 PM
aelia
Advanced

IMHO PSE and SC are a must combo!!! I can hear it on the inside but it is amplified with the sound symposer.

Nice build OP and the wait will be over before you know it. I have to say the hardest part is when she is on the boat...
Old 05-14-2013, 07:44 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice build! I'm currently waiting for my car (ordered end of April and expected mid June), and it's pretty tough. But as my dealer said, " good things are worth waiting for". I'm sure you'll enjoy the car!

Quick Reply: Ordered...