Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Potential Ferrari convert

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 07:09 AM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Try a different link from photobucket. You were close here, just the wrong link for it to work on the forms.

Originally Posted by sandwedge
It's neither you, nor the ipad. I've been a member here since 2007 and still get the "invalid file format" thing time and again no matter how, where and what I try to upload. Just last night I got it while trying to upload a picture I had no problems with less than a week ago.
Yeah there's a known issue currently about jpeg's not uploading sometimes.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:32 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 360MVA
Has anyone else made this change or have both?
I had a GT3 which I sold to own a Stradale. I had the Stradale for three years and could never feel comfortable with it's size and F-1 tranny. I sold the Stradale and went back to Porsche with another GT3. After driving the 991 I decided I wanted the new and upgraded advancements in the 991. I ordered the car with all performance options,MT7 (except X51) so it will ride and feel a lot like the GT3 I had. The new GT3 is a different car from the ones of the past. In my mind you better be tracking that sucker a lot because it's really not a DD the way the earlier GT3's could be.
So to answer your question, I don't think you will miss the 360 because you can get a 991 with performance options that will make it feel "raw" when you want it to be that way. Now if you are talking esthetics, that's a different conversation. Ferrari's have always had it over Porsche in the "sexy" car division.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:23 AM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Based on your stated goals it makes fairly good sense to switch to a Porsche, but honestly you might be making a financially worse move because the depreciation is a guaranteed hit (big one) while the worst of the depreciation with the 360 has occurred already. Depreciation is arguably the most expensive aspect of ownership - not tires, oil changes, etc.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:24 PM
360MVA
Racer

Received 204 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by LonnieR
I had a GT3 which I sold to own a Stradale. I had the Stradale for three years and could never feel comfortable with it's size and F-1 tranny. I sold the Stradale and went back to Porsche with another GT3. After driving the 991 I decided I wanted the new and upgraded advancements in the 991. I ordered the car with all performance options,MT7 (except X51) so it will ride and feel a lot like the GT3 I had. The new GT3 is a different car from the ones of the past. In my mind you better be tracking that sucker a lot because it's really not a DD the way the earlier GT3's could be.
So to answer your question, I don't think you will miss the 360 because you can get a 991 with performance options that will make it feel "raw" when you want it to be that way. Now if you are talking esthetics, that's a different conversation. Ferrari's have always had it over Porsche in the "sexy" car division.
I think you are right on. I just need to sell my 360, if it doesnt go this month then i may give to the local F dealer and list it on consignment.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:29 PM
360MVA
Racer

Received 204 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by yemenmocha
Based on your stated goals it makes fairly good sense to switch to a Porsche, but honestly you might be making a financially worse move because the depreciation is a guaranteed hit (big one) while the worst of the depreciation with the 360 has occurred already. Depreciation is arguably the most expensive aspect of ownership - not tires, oil changes, etc.
Yes and because of this I may opt for a preowned 12' or 13' which will help a bit but even at $100K I figure the 991 will lose another $50K in 5 years.

The one thing I thought was odd is that my local dealer has ~10 or so 991's in stock, 4s', C2S, C2, Cab's. This wont help resale. Porsche turned into a big ***** mass producing their cars. I recall when you had to place an order unless someone decided last minute they didnt want a car. It could be a better lease than buy but I havent looked into that yet.

Quick Reply: Potential Ferrari convert