Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thought I'd be proud of it, I'm proud of myself now! My new C2 Aqua with red interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 03:05 PM
iLeo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Thought I'd be proud of it, I'm proud of myself now! My new C2 Aqua with red interior

Well, it's been more than 6 months now since I've ordered it, initially basalt black with red interior, before changing the order to Aqua blue with red interior.

I had a Cayman S before, which was Carrera white with red interior, and that's when I fell in love with the red interior, and became a criteria for my new 991, it just HAD TO have that fabulous red interior!

Then was the dilemma: What goes with red? The obvious options were
- White: Nah, after owning the white cayman, and planning to keep the Carrera for some good 6-7 years that meant living in white & red for a whole decade!),
- Silvers & grays: Sorry, I just don't want to blind in, and I'm SURE I'll be board of it 2 years down the road (max). I'll be honest, I loved the special silver color when I saw it in the showroom, but I wanted a more unique color.
- Yellow: Well, with red interior, that would've been too flashy for me.
- Black: Everyone told me it's a pain, it works perfectly though, I LOVE IT, but then since I live in a city where dust & humidity is the usual, I had to go for basalt, which I didn't like as much as the solid black but was still happy with it as the best option I got.

Those were my choices really. I never thought of red (although I loved it), or Ruby red (which I adored) since there'd be no contrast of exterior vs. interior.
I don't like Lime gold & browns (personal taste), while I felt basalt is a better option than dark blue.

I didn't even think of Aqua blue, I don't remember even trying it out on the website simulator, as I thought it'd look awkward with red interior, no question about it!

That's until one day, I saw Aqua blue with red interior in front of me on the street! That was enough for me not only to consider, but to change my order and add an extra painful month to the wait!

I shared my decision here in the forum and many of you disapproved the color combination, same as almost every single friend of mine outside the forum as well, at some point I thought I might've made a mistake, and that basalt was the right path for a red interior. But I sticked to my decision relying on the blurry memory of that car I saw a couple of months back!

Today I'm happy, to have -at least in my opinion- the best color combination in a 991. It is SO unique, and so impressive. But I'm also proud of sticking with my decision that got me such a reward!

My friends outside the forum agree, I hope you guys do

I've scheduled a professional photography session for my beauty/ beast next Friday, so stay tuned
Attached Images     
Old 04-21-2013, 03:26 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by iLeo
I didn't even think of Aqua blue, I don't remember even trying it out on the website simulator, as I thought it'd look awkward with red interior, no question about it!...I shared my decision here in the forum and many of you disapproved the color combination, same as almost every single friend of mine outside the forum as well, at some point I thought I might've made a mistake...But I sticked to my decision relying on the blurry memory of that car I saw a couple of months back!
You are not the only one that found that combination very attractive! Attached are photos of my MY2012 Spyder! Mabrouk, my friend!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Back in Zuffenhausen
Attached Images    
Old 04-21-2013, 03:30 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Brave choice. Enjoy your new car.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:05 PM
hockeyguy
Instructor

It needs the wheels painted white for the "Captain America" look...lol

All kidding aside, I love the combo on your boxter. It looks great on a roadster.
The 911 coupe is more elegant, and I'm not as sure about it yet. I think if you platinum-ized your wheels, added tint, or added any cosmetic mods to make your car look more aggressive, the Aqua/Red combo will look even better....it's an edgy color combo for an edgy-looking car.

Last edited by hockeyguy; 04-21-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:26 PM
clembo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

It looks great! Congratulations! Fast and unique.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:15 PM
carsrmyvice
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

I love it. You surely won't run into another like it anytime soon, or have trouble picking it out in the parking lot.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Atomicman
Intermediate

It is an entrepreneurial opportunity to start a fashion trend with stick-on whitewalls.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:14 PM
ArashApollo
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm very very excited for the professional photos. Looks great!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:21 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

I am in similar boat. Love red leather. Love Mexico Blue. Want both. Can't get the courage to do it yet.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:39 PM
number 9
Racer

Congratulations for sticking with the aqua and red- my favorite combo and the aqua blue looks especially nice on the new 991. Eduardos Spyder caught my attention long ago and one of his awesome pics remains as my screen saver for longer than 6 months now! Eduardo, all of your posts are incredible and you are a true Color Boss!!

I think that aqua is to be discontinued soon and replaced with sapphire (?) which will make your car all the more rare. Looking forward to your photo shoot, enjoy!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:56 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 322 Likes on 194 Posts

Its merely classy and fairly unique. WELL DONE!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:05 PM
4forme
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you love it, then enjoy it. Who cares what others think of it.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:42 PM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
You are not the only one that found that combination very attractive! Attached are photos of my MY2012 Spyder! Mabrouk, my friend!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Back in Zuffenhausen
That Spyder is a masterpiece.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:10 AM
bill8411
Rennlist Member

Yes, both cars are simply gorgeous!
Old 04-22-2013, 01:11 AM
ww007
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! I think I recall your post a while back asking about this very combo, and I showed you pics of my BMW convertible with the same color combo telling you to stick with it. I'm glad you did, and it looks fantastic! But I agree, throw some dark tints on there and it'll be perfect!

Quick Reply: Thought I'd be proud of it, I'm proud of myself now! My new C2 Aqua with red interior