Sponsored by:

New Aqua Blue 4S Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 01:12 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay-S
Interesting on the pics. I would have guessed that the aqua blue and sapphire were flipped. In person aqua blue is a touch darker and has more depth. It's more obvious when two cars are next to each other.
I agree. The pix I posted don't really do a good job of exposing that difference. This purports to be a comparison of Aqua (left) and Sapphire. Like I said, the progression from Cobalt-Aqua-Sapphire was a fairly linear mild-to-wild progression to my eye. For many that was a move in exactly the direction they prefer. And I, in fact, love seeing Aqua and Sapphire 911s, just like I enjoy seeing Lava Orange and Racing Yellow cars. They're just not the colors for me on a regular-use 911.

For some reason the picture is getting an "Invalid Upload Error". I'll try the link.

http://www.planet-9.com/attachments/...-5o9ucdqf-jpeg
Old 08-08-2016, 01:27 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I was more set on the Aqua Blue than I was on the 991. I would easily have gotten a 981 or 997.2 in Aqua long before I got a 991 in a different color.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:43 PM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
I agree. The pix I posted don't really do a good job of exposing that difference. This purports to be a comparison of Aqua (left) and Sapphire. Like I said, the progression from Cobalt-Aqua-Sapphire was a fairly linear mild-to-wild progression to my eye. For many that was a move in exactly the direction they prefer. And I, in fact, love seeing Aqua and Sapphire 911s, just like I enjoy seeing Lava Orange and Racing Yellow cars. They're just not the colors for me on a regular-use 911.

For some reason the picture is getting an "Invalid Upload Error". I'll try the link.

http://www.planet-9.com/attachments/...-5o9ucdqf-jpeg
I think that link pic is representative of the difference.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:18 AM
tomato coupe
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've also got a C4S in Aqua Blue. I get more compliments about the color than any other car I've owned.

Quick Reply: New Aqua Blue 4S Coupe