Sponsored by:

My Choice is No Choice: Michelin PSS Backorder Info

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default My Choice is No Choice: Michelin PSS Backorder Info

Car is at the dealer having a cooling system error addressed so I've had a chance this week to think about getting the original tires replaced. I've put about 6,000 miles on the car since Jan 1 and the rears are just beginning to show their wear bars, the fronts are pretty cupped on the inside. The service rep asked me, "Are you driving this car very hard?" LOL I said "That's what they're designed for, right?"

Have another DE at Cresson in early June, so I figured I needed to get the process started of ordering and getting fresh rubber on sooner rather than later, so I called up Tire Rack to sort it out. Rep related that the rears are available but the fronts are on "at least an 8 week back order". I know that has already been discussed here on numerous threads, but I didn't realize they were that backordered.

That means it looks like I'm going to be stuck with going with the OE Pirellis for another cycle. I think they're a fine tire, but I was really looking forward to sampling the PSS for the first time.

If you know you're going to need to change your tires by mid-summer and want the PSS's I would advise getting in line now.

Last edited by Cogito_Ergo_Zoom; 04-18-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:39 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

It seems that as far back as I can remember needing to think about these things, which would be when I bought my 997, (mid 2010) there has been a perpetual backlog of the Michelins in sizes for the 911. This seems to be a problem Michelin needs to address.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:43 PM
carsrmyvice
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

thanks for the heads up. I want to try them next as well. Drive the wheels off that thing! As porsche intended.

Dear Michelin,

We use a lot of tires. Make more.

Sincerely,

Everyone with a 911
Old 04-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by carsrmyvice
thanks for the heads up. I want to try them next as well. Drive the wheels off that thing! As porsche intended.

Dear Michelin,

We use a lot of tires. Make more.

Sincerely,

Everyone with a 911
LOL!

Quick Reply: My Choice is No Choice: Michelin PSS Backorder Info