Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st post, 1st p-car, pickup this weekend, problem areas to check on recent builds?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 03:37 PM
sc8526
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st post, 1st p-car, pickup this weekend, problem areas to check on recent builds?

Greetings all - I've been quietly reading for months (learning) and couldn't wait any longer! Decided on 1st Porsche options, located the car (was still in Germany), and pulled the trigger. New C2 hit the US over the weekend (Bangkok Highway into Rhode Island) - and I'm now awaiting transport to local dealer. Being new to Porsche, are there any immediate must-checks that I should pay special attention during the shakedown at the dealership? Perhaps recent build issues that everyone may be aware of?

Btw - everyone here rocks! Simply reading this forum is the best car builder there is! If you're reading this - please accept my thanks for assisting with my process.

And because it may be relevant for proper feedback:

911 C2
Platinum Silver
Black standard interior
PDK
Steering wheel heating
20-inch Carrera S wheels
Smoking Package
Porsche Dynamic Light System
ParkAssist (F/R)
Electric Sunroof
Electric Folding Rear Mirrors
Multi-function steering wheel
Online Services
Power Sport Seats (14 way)
Bose Audio Package
Premium Package Plus
Ornamental Porsche Crest
Old 04-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome! I'm sure everyone here understands your excitement and anticipation!

I've had zero issues with my car, just close to 2000 miles now...looking forward to running up the revs soon.

I did have one odd thing happen...my passenger seat back was adjusted such that the seat belt buckle hung down right next to the airbag panel on the side of the seatback. At some point, the buckle must have been positioned directly perpendicular to the seat, and was trapped between the door and seatback when the door was closed...dented the panel covering the airbag.

enjoy your new ride...and don't forget to post pics when you get it or we will hound you until you do!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:27 PM
carrerapete
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've just reached the 700 mile mark and all seems to be in order. Don't forget to post some pictures!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:52 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome and congrats on your purchase Can't wait to see this beast !!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:46 PM
TTCarrera
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine was built 1/21 and delivered 3/11. Car is perfect so far at 600 miles. Not a single thing out of order.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:28 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Check the window seals. Next to the side mirrors, there is a triangular piece of plastic trim. At the top part of trim is a plastic seal that the window contacts when it goes up. This seal tears. Mine is being replaced today. I've seen the seal torn on brand new cars sitting on the dealer's showroom.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:41 PM
carsrmyvice
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Congratulations! I took delivery of mine 10 days ago and I already have 600 miles of driving like batman on her. Here is a pic to hold you over as we have similar equipment!

Quick Reply: 1st post, 1st p-car, pickup this weekend, problem areas to check on recent builds?