Sponsored by:

Jukebox feature

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 03:06 PM
bernpep
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Question Jukebox feature

Could someone please tell me how I can transfer my playlist from an iphone to the jukebox. I assume this was its intended use? How do most of you use this feature?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:50 AM
bernpep
Instructor

Default Jukebox

No one uses jukebox or online services?
Old 04-11-2013, 11:55 AM
pfan
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

As far as I know, the only way to accomplish this is to use iTunes to convert the songs to be transferred to mp3. Then use a usb stick to load them into Jukebox.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:14 PM
SM_ATL
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pfan
As far as I know, the only way to accomplish this is to use iTunes to convert the songs to be transferred to mp3. Then use a usb stick to load them into Jukebox.
This is correct, but I think .aac format works too (if files are DRM free). You can also use a hard drive if you want to transfer a lot of songs. Also be mindful that if the engine is off, the PCM will shut down after about 10 min and the transfer will be interrupted and will not resume from where it left when you restart it. So you want to leave your engine running or open/close the door and keep the PCM 'alive' for the whole duration of the transfer (maybe there is another way, but I did not check).

The other frustration with the 2013 991 (vs the 2012.5) is that you can no longer stream music via Bluetooth with your iPhone if you already have an iPod/iPhone connected to the glovebox USB port.

I am not using the aHa service because it does not work over Bluetooth with an iPhone
Another issue is that the text message/email functionality does not work with an iPhone, but like for aHa is ok with an Android. It is time for Porsche to understand that the majority of their customers have an iPhone, not an Android!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 12:36 PM
bernpep
Instructor

Default Thank you

So basically jukebox is pretty much a worthless feature not worth bothering with!
Old 04-11-2013, 02:07 PM
trysixty
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO aHa, online services and jukebox are a piece of crap that makes Porsche engineers look like their last job was with Yugo. Why our supercars have to have bird crap on them is disgusting. I've turned off everything except the phonebook and listen to my PSE talk to me.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Venturi
Track Day

I missed the how in this
how do you transfer ?
Old 04-22-2013, 04:02 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

We just got a 2013 Cayenne Turbo and it has the jukebox feature. It is my wife's car, and she uses an iPod plugged in all the time. Instead of leaving a second iPod in the center console, and switching the iPods when I drive the car, I just loaded a bunch of music on the jukebox, and just change sources. Works great. I loaded a bunch of iTunes playlists onto a USB thumb drive, and then transferred them (copy folder) and it worked great. A terrific feature that does the trick (at least for me).
Old 04-22-2013, 04:06 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Venturi
I missed the how in this
how do you transfer ?
You plug in the USB drive into the USB port in your car, then choose USB as a source, then select Option, and then copy the tracks you want (all tracks, all folders, etc...). Then go to Jukebox to listen to the music. Pretty straightforward.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:34 PM
HotLap
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCBH
You plug in the USB drive into the USB port in your car, then choose USB as a source, then select Option, and then copy the tracks you want (all tracks, all folders, etc...). Then go to Jukebox to listen to the music. Pretty straightforward.
That's actually pretty cool, so you don't have to use your IPod anymore once you have the jukebox loaded (if I'm understanding correctly)?
Old 04-22-2013, 07:50 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HotLap
That's actually pretty cool, so you don't have to use your IPod anymore once you have the jukebox loaded (if I'm understanding correctly)?
Correct - it is a terrific option. The only caveat is that it does not seem to play my playlists in the order I had them, but they are in the same folder, so if you don't care about running order, you should be fine. I find it nice to shake things up a bit...but same songs, same folder, same playlist.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:15 AM
lbahoshy
Instructor

Ok , thread revive. Was searching this as I cannot seem to get my iPhone to transfer songs to my jukebox in my 14 Carrera S and this thread came up.

I need to physically transfer my songs onto a USB stick and plug that into the USB port in the glovebox, them copy to jukebox hard drive from there? There is no way just to transfer it directly from the iPhone ? This seems quite silly. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:39 AM
walterwu
Advanced

Originally Posted by lbahoshy
Ok , thread revive. Was searching this as I cannot seem to get my iPhone to transfer songs to my jukebox in my 14 Carrera S and this thread came up.

I need to physically transfer my songs onto a USB stick and plug that into the USB port in the glovebox, them copy to jukebox hard drive from there? There is no way just to transfer it directly from the iPhone ? This seems quite silly. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Not tech savvy, eh? Otherwise you would know that this is a issue with the iPhone platform. There are no third party devices that the iPhone permits this. Apple simply does not allow other devices to go in copy songs out of the iPhone.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:05 AM
draxa
Burning Brakes

There is another slight issue; the transfer from USB to Jukebox takes aaaagggggessss. And if you stop the car it starts again from the beginning.

Even a skant 300-or so tracks can take an hour to transfer so best done when you start a long journey.

Once done, though, it works a treat.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:44 AM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I never use the jukebox because it doesn't seem to play the tracks in the order I had them according to the MP3 tag track number. It seems to just use alphabetical ordering.

I just keep my old-school 60 gig iPod in the glove compartment.

Quick Reply: Jukebox feature