Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

jukebox does fine with albums, playing them in track order
Old 04-07-2014, 04:09 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,299 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthboy
I never use the jukebox because it doesn't seem to play the tracks in the order I had them according to the MP3 tag track number. It seems to just use alphabetical ordering.
The trick seems to be to navigate the songs through the track listing only. Once it's playing, scroll to the very top of the track list and use the "up folder" icon to return to the album list, rather than using the actual album button. Select the next album from that list and it will play in the correct order.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:28 AM
Flowmacks
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess I'm the only one that thinks it's easy to use. Easy after it spent two days in the shop on why it reboot the PCM every time I used it. After that it's worked really well.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:55 AM
lbahoshy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by walterwu
Not tech savvy, eh? Otherwise you would know that this is a issue with the iPhone platform. There are no third party devices that the iPhone permits this. Apple simply does not allow other devices to go in copy songs out of the iPhone.
Yes , not tech savvy at all ! Thanks for he info. I suppose I'll just plug my Iphone directly into the glove box USB outlet for now.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:06 AM
Samp4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use mine and think it works great. I just copied my songs to a USB and then copied to the car and now use all the time (unless the top is down and the motor is running of course)
Old 04-08-2014, 02:37 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Its stuff like this that would make me order almost bone stock if I was getting a new one. Many of the gee whiz software "features" aren't worth the insane costs because the interface is just too weaksauce.

Thousands of bucks for a map that works half as well as just about any free or 99 cent app? Pfffft. Stop the car and it starts over? Epic fail third party radio vendor.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:45 PM
lbahoshy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StudGarden
Its stuff like this that would make me order almost bone stock if I was getting a new one. Many of the gee whiz software "features" aren't worth the insane costs because the interface is just too weaksauce.

Thousands of bucks for a map that works half as well as just about any free or 99 cent app? Pfffft. Stop the car and it starts over? Epic fail third party radio vendor.

The "jukebox" is a standard feature; I would have never ordered it if it was an add on option.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:57 AM
rsdarcan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
We just got a 2013 Cayenne Turbo and it has the jukebox feature. It is my wife's car, and she uses an iPod plugged in all the time. Instead of leaving a second iPod in the center console, and switching the iPods when I drive the car, I just loaded a bunch of music on the jukebox, and just change sources. Works great. I loaded a bunch of iTunes playlists onto a USB thumb drive, and then transferred them (copy folder) and it worked great. A terrific feature that does the trick (at least for me).
I did the same thing... Just loaded up my music on a ssdd/with USB and put it in the jukebox. I like it because there isn't much space and I don't have to lug around my iPod. It's useful... But I would rather listen to the PSE
Old 04-09-2014, 10:45 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by trysixty
IMO aHa, online services and jukebox are a piece of crap that makes Porsche engineers look like their last job was with Yugo. Why our supercars have to have bird crap on them is disgusting. I've turned off everything except the phonebook and listen to my PSE talk to me.
nothing to do with Porsche engrs...it is because VW group is in bed with Google ( see the Audi autonomous cars that Google has been codeveloping, etc, ) .
That is why all VW cars were conspiculously absent from the list of makes offering the recently announced Apple CarPlay in-dash integration. Only VW group cars and Chrysler branded cars are not participants.
VW cars will become even more Android optimized over the next few years
Old 04-09-2014, 10:55 PM
Monetthecat
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
The trick seems to be to navigate the songs through the track listing only. Once it's playing, scroll to the very top of the track list and use the "up folder" icon to return to the album list, rather than using the actual album button. Select the next album from that list and it will play in the correct order.
Thanks for this. I can finally enjoy Quadrophenia as intended.

Quick Reply: Jukebox feature