Sponsored by:

Posting on behalf of new member Brochalm

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Posting on behalf of new member Brochalm

Brochalm -welcome to the forum! Since you indicated you didn't know how to start a new thread, I took the liberty of posting this. For future reference, when you reach the 991 forum, you will see a "Post Topic" box at upper left. Click that and you are on your way!

Here is Brochalm's initial post, which he had added to the post about Gary Sims' passing..
OK I was not sure how to begin a new post but thought that maybe someone here could assist me.......
I admit I am new to Porsche forum and to be honest it is a lifes dream to even think about owning one. Let me begin years ago. In 1980 I was stationed in Ramstien Germany. I was just a Sgt walking through the officers barracks when I saw my first Porsche and that was the moment I fell deeply in love!!!

She was a deep colbalt blue 911 with what I call a whale tail fin on the rear. Brand new. It had the largest white ribbon and bow I have ever seen. Attached to the bow written on a small card in a elegant cursive writting was a series of words that made my mouth open wide and drop to the pavement. Just waiting for that lure to gently plop into my mouth. But Hey we are talking about a Porsche here. No plopping here just straight up shove you aside and blow you away with the magic of the curves this charriot of the Goddess presented in all its glory. I now know how a hooked trophy fish felt. Just thinking about those words flash back to me as if it was just yesterday, "I hope this makes up for last night!" I was so stunned that I could not even believe my eyes, I reread the note, thinking to myself this is one lucky Officer and someday I will get one of these! Cars I mean!!!!

So it is now 33 years later,and I am embarking on this adventure after inspiration from my brother. So joining this forum is a guiding light for me. I am hoping that someone out there can give me an insight as to key areas and known failure points for 911's for this year. What to look out for and what they were known for, Basically the western information, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Well here is to a wonderful oppourtunity to make new friends and begin a great life.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:32 PM
carrerapete
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome and congratulations! My good friend was stationed in Germany around 1970 and he was telling me that certain members of the terrorist group (Baader Meinhof) were fond of 911s and used to steal them whenever possible.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:09 AM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome brochalm, I have great respect for Gary, and welcome you to the rl forum.

Quick Reply: Posting on behalf of new member Brochalm