Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First week impressions of C2S cab...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 04:02 PM
hockeyguy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First week impressions of C2S cab...

1) Wow!
2) PDK is amazing compared to first generation on my 997.2. The slope of the center console takes some getting used to, since I shift the PDK lever manually. When I rest my arm, the angle is different than my previous 997.2
3) I really like my black standard interior (I like Luxor too). Doesn't need full leather at all, imo
4) The new 14-way power seats are great, especially the thigh length extension
5) Bose is fine, much better than the Bose on the 997. HD Radio is especially good. A couple of rules: Never listen to Satellite radio on this system, and, God forbid, never EVER use LINEAR sound setting. Yes I use Surround on most everything else (ipod, CD's, HD radio), but that's a matter of taste.
6) Engine sound and PSE are great! Sound was sorely lacking in the
7) The suspension is great, but slightly softer than the 997.2. I keep it on the sport suspension (PASM, not SPASM) nearly all the time, which I think is about equal to the regular suspension on the 997.2 C2S.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:24 PM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Congrats buddy..next 8 weeks for me is going to be a killer..

Enjoy!!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Twodan
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My first three weeks are somewhat like yours. I came from a 2010 Boxster S to a 2013 C2SC, and here's my story.
I fount a stick in a CS2 which was not a common option, and it was sitting in the dealer's showroom. Negotiated before i drove it. Finally drove it, and did the deal.
#1 convertible top is outstanding, #2 park assist is a must.
I need to learn how to drive this car, especially the curves. The Boxster made me a better driver which did not force me to learn how to drive aggressively. The MT is great, but with all power of the C2, I can't wind it up like I did the Box. I think it sounds better than the 2010 Box which is quieter than a 987. With the Sport button pressed, it howls just fine.
My impression of the Bloze is the opposite of hockyguy. The base hurts my ears so I only use linear which flattens out terrible response. Old saying, friends don't let friends buy bloze.
The car is super and seems to respond more now that it's slightly broken in. Third gear is a wonderful gear; from 25 MPH to over 70 grumbling and howling all the way is outstanding. Torque! Careful be sure your radar detector is on
I'll stop rambling.....YellowPman...get ready. You won't be able to sleep when you get the key.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:49 PM
hockeyguy
Instructor

Thanks, Twodan! It's an awesome car.
Funny how stereo tastes differ. To me, I find the TREBLE grating on my nerves when in Linear mode. Not the base. Anyway, it's still better than the Bose on the 997, but I'm sure the Burmester is far superior.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:57 PM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Originally Posted by Twodan
...YellowPman...get ready. You won't be able to sleep when you get the key.
That's not easing the torturous wait...took the 981s out for a good thrashing..was teasing a BMW M3 through the twisty roads...was hilarious he just couldn't keep up..had to slow down to let him catch up..what the hell is the C4S gonna do....ahhhhh I can't wait...

Quick Reply: First week impressions of C2S cab...