Sponsored by:

PCNA Customer Satisfaction Survey

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 04:39 PM
barihunk
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCNA Customer Satisfaction Survey

I've got a minor dilemma, and figured perhaps others' could help.

I received a post-purchase survey from PCNA, and I really don't want to give the dealer all 5s (which is what I think they ask for). No major problem, but basically the delivery process was pretty crap (also, where's my quart of oil!) and I've so far had no follow up from them.

Basically what I want to know about the survey is: does it do anything to their bottom line, or is PCNA just going to harass them, and p*ss them off re:myself. I want to reflect my dissatisfaction, but if it's not going to achieve anything productive but to p*ss off the local dealer that I'm likely to service the car at, then I'd probably prefer to bite my tongue.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from reading all these delivery stories posted here? Perhaps only folks who trade in their p-cars for a new one every 2-3 years get treated nicely? There were some older posts on this topic but it'd be nice to hear how these things work nowadays.

Thoughts?
Old 04-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If the relationship is important to you, I think you should go talk to the GM of the dealership and tell them why you can't answer all "5s" and give them a chance to satisfy you. They can't fix a problem they don't know about. Gives them a chance to prove if they care or not. I liken it to having someone you know be mad at you but not telling you why...doesn't feel very fair when you are on the wrong end of that. Just my $.02
Old 04-05-2013, 04:58 PM
gt2r
Advanced

I always try to answer it as I see it. The dealer will get a response from PCNA. So if you don't want to speak with the GM, he gets the report anyway. Some dealers really need a kick in the a** and this will wake them up. If you always fill out all 5's nothing changes. The dealers use to tell me to only answer with 5's otherwise they get hurt. BS. If they don't derserve it they shouldn't get it. I spoke with PCNA about this very matter a number of years ago and they were shocked that dealers were telling their customers to score 5's when they didn't deserve it. Score them as they should be scored!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:23 PM
mtony
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Agree with Hammer 911. It might actually make your relationship with the dealer more personal and much better than it would have been otherwise.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:41 PM
TTCarrera
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Also agree with Hammer. If you don't get satisfaction from GM.....or he won't talk to you, give them alternating 3's and 4's. survey is from PCNA. Check the box that you want to be contacted by PCNA.

THREES AND FOURS GIVES THEM ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT. It's a 2-way street ....... be fair to you, you'll be fair to them.

Are there alternate dealers within 30-50 miles of you?
Old 04-05-2013, 06:39 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

FYI--Your dealer, their sales & service personnel, Porsche North America, and at the HQ in Germany read this website. How do I know? Subject has come up one too many times with them over the years and some of them--well, I know their nom de guerre on the site (don't worry...I won't rat out your screen names). Give your dealer honest remarks. Do it for your Porsche co-religionists drivers. I've been told repeatedly for many years those surveys are critically important to PCNA. Thank you. Goodnight.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:51 PM
barihunk
Advanced

I don't doubt they have their hands on the pulse so to speak. It's a public forum and everyone is free to read stuff posted here.

I readily admit that these are minor things, and I want to be fair to everyone - technically they did nothing wrong, but it almost felt like I walked into a Toyota/Honda/Ford/GM/etc dealership and said here's the money, I want that one over there, and just drove it off. Perfectly fine transaction, less than perfect "experience".

As long as the car itself is solid, life goes on. It's a fantastic car and that itself is more or less what matters. I would prefer if there's no bad blood between all the parties, since no real 'wrong' has been done, I'm just not sure how to navigate this process (along with the 'satisfaction survey')
Old 04-05-2013, 07:43 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear it. Good times/service at my dealer. The only way they could improve is to pass me a couple of glasses some Crémant, Tokay Pinot Gris, or some combination thereof and a Thai massage in the customer waiting area. Ah, that ain't gonna happen probably, but I'm still good. So are they. Porsche of Tysons Corner sorted out every rattle I had (AJ did, specifically). The famous The Collection of Miami repeatedly failed and usually returned my car with oil on the interior, albeit they always has a Panamera waiting for me (and a $1,000 hold fee on my credit card..weird). AJ at Tysons will be getting all 12s on a 10-point scale, with a nice write up, too. I was treated like a king and they even laughed at my lame, retarded jokes. Poor guys really suffered when I think about it. So sorry.

Yeah, I remember when Rosenthal had that dealership. Glad they sold it. I'd rather drink battery acid than get service or buy a car from Rosenthal dealerships.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:01 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with talking with the GM before replying. Some of the questions on the Canadian Survey (and I'm sure they're the same survey) actually don't really relate to the dealer. Such as satisfaction with the time to get the car etc. which are Distributor issues not dealer issues. At least give the GM a heads up.

John in Vancouver
Old 04-05-2013, 11:19 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I received a phone call from PCNA asking me about my satisfaction with the vehicle and purchase experience. I spent 1.5 hours describing my likes and dislikes in great detail. This guy responded like a stenographer. I have significant problems with design issues (for example, the navigation system is useless). I asked the stenographer if I will ever hear from PCNA about my issues. His response was "probably not". 'Nuf said.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:09 AM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 120 Posts

Be honest and fair.
If we all give out 5's due to guilt or because the salesperson begs us to, then the entire process is pointless.
According to my salesman the surveys impact the dealers on several levels including allocations, so there's a good reason that they beg for 5's.

I wish I had been more honest about my process...
Old 04-06-2013, 10:30 AM
carrerapete
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The dealerships do sweat these types of surveys. As others here have suggested, I would personally discuss my apprehension to give a stellar report with the GM or the Service Manager: the outcome of such a meeting will surely make your decision easier.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:17 PM
John's 991
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For some reason I never got the survey, which might have been best as I was not terribly pleased with the job the sales rep did. However, the sales rep no longer talks to me as I did not give him top ratings. Go figure...

At least my service rep is great and I have not had any major problems after a year plus of ownership.

Quick Reply: PCNA Customer Satisfaction Survey