Choice of Euro Delivery for 991

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 10:50 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Choice of Euro Delivery for 991

Hi all,

Any opinions on Leipzig versus Zuffenhausen for Euro Delivery and also which month of the year? Am planning PTS so that may limit the choice of dates.

Thank you.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:08 PM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts

You definitely want to do the delivery in Zuffenhausen. That is the original site with the new museum. Location in Central Europe is better with great roads in Switzerland, the Black Forest, and France close by. Leipzig has some historical value for those into Bach.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:34 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

From a travel standpoint, if you're headed south, Stuttgart is a better starting point, north then Leipzig although the 2 are only about 4 hours apart. Still I'd choose Zuffenhausen even though the new facility in Leipzig where Cayennes are assembled is supposed to be very nice. Porsche museum and factory tour in Zuffenhausen, getting to see 911's going down the production line, priceless.

I've taken tourist delivery from Porsche 3 times, always in June. May might be ok too, but any earlier and you risk more problematic weather, and if you intend to explore the Austrian or Swiss Alpen roads, you'll likely run into snow and possible road closures in the passes until after April.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:32 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks for comments. I have been to the museum and Zuffenhausen twice already, not for vehicle delivery though. I figure take delivery in Zuffenhasuen then drive to Leipzig perhaps.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:49 AM
sergini
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zuffenhausen is the best, and the new museum is a must for a Porsche fanatic !

in Leipzig there is nothing to see , only high speed autobahn and it's near Berlin .

near Zuffenhausen there are not limit free speedways
Old 03-30-2013, 08:16 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
From a travel standpoint, if you're headed south, Stuttgart is a better starting point, north then Leipzig although the 2 are only about 4 hours apart. Still I'd choose Zuffenhausen even though the new facility in Leipzig where Cayennes are assembled is supposed to be very nice. Porsche museum and factory tour in Zuffenhausen, getting to see 911's going down the production line, priceless.

I've taken tourist delivery from Porsche 3 times, always in June. May might be ok too, but any earlier and you risk more problematic weather, and if you intend to explore the Austrian or Swiss Alpen roads, you'll likely run into snow and possible road closures in the passes until after April.

++1

Quick Reply: Choice of Euro Delivery for 991