Sponsored by:

Problem with music/Jukebox

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 08:06 PM
991Dreamer
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Problem with music/Jukebox

When uploading music from my Ipod to the Jukebox in the car, when I call up the track list in place of the song titles I get a seemingly random set of four letters for each song title. Songs will play and while doing so the artist and name of the song are displayed. I can also call up songs by artist name. The problem only seems to be in the track list section. Sales guy as well as service tech say they have not seen this before. Tech guy says this stereo system is new on the car (basic system). Anybody seen this and/or know how to fix?
Old 03-28-2013, 08:14 PM
991Dreamer
Instructor

Additional info: The songs I'm trying to upload from the iPod are a combination of purchases from iTunes, from CD's that I have and have uploaded in to my iTunes library, and some that were burned to a CD by a relative (origin unknown) that have been uploaded in to iTunes library.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:44 AM
alanjcook
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

iPod stores songs with four letter names. Try to copy songs from iTunes to USB stick than upload to PCM. Do you get same result?
Old 03-29-2013, 10:58 AM
991Dreamer
Instructor

Thanks alan for the answer. Didn't realize iPod did this. I tried to upload a song using a memory stick but I didn't get any connection with the car. It should come up under AUX, no? Maybe user error. I'll keep trying and report back. I did Google how to load songs on to a memory stick and by following those directions (by accessing the iTunes library) the songs are all listed by artist, not by song title. Again, could be user error. Not very tech savvy. Pretty funny from someone who has worked in internet start-ups!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:44 AM
alanjcook
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can also drag songs from iTunes to your USB drive. What I mean is this: highlight the songs you want to copy in iTunes, drag them to the icon of your USB drive and release your mouse button. This generally works on both PCs and MACs. Next issue to consider is file formats of the songs--I don't who which are compatible with PCM and don't pick up my car for another six weeks Let us know how it goes! Good luck!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:29 PM
991Dreamer
Instructor

I thought of the dragging of songs the other day but when I plugged my thumb drive in to the computer, the device did not come up in iTunes. It seems like it should as this would make the process very easy, assuming the name thing was resolved. Will keep trying.
I also had the idea of putting the songs on my wife's iPhone and loading them to the Jukebox that way. However, I don't get an option in PCM to "copy all tracks" like I do when the iPod is connected. Interesting. Don't know if the iPhone route would solve the problem as it is also an Apple product and may name the songs the same way the iPod does.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Grizzly1
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My jukebox will not recognize/copy any songs from my iPhone 5.

Moreover, it will not play songs copied from a USB loaded with songs in apple lossless format.

Help needed.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:31 PM
pfan
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

In iTunes, convert each song you want to transfer to MP3 format (File/Create new version). Load onto USB drive and Jukebox should then be able to import them.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Grizzly1
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks pfan.

That sounds like a bit of a PIA for 32 gigabytes of tunes.

Any quick way in itunes, or is it song by song by song............
Old 03-30-2013, 07:18 PM
pfan
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

In iTunes you can select multiple songs to convert at one time (shift-click or command-click if using a Mac). Then you need to select the converted MP3 files from within the finder (Music/iTunes/iTunes music/album/songs) and transfer them to a USB stick. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Problem with music/Jukebox