12.75%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Your Opinion Wanted: Poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 12:57 AM
TOporschefan
Racer

Received 126 Likes on 68 Posts

Although it does not look bad on your car I voted without for the following reasons:

1. Too much lettering on the car when you consider the doors decals, it is just enough but the windshield is overkill.
2. It reminds me of the 80's when PONTIAC was written across the top of Firebirds and Fiero's
3. Little too loud for my taste-your car is gorgeous let its natural beauty do the talking

Congrats to you with regards to you new ride it is beautiful!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:57 AM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts

Gentlemen (and Ladies?),
I very much appreciate you comments and advice. Well, so far there is an overwhelming majority in favor of killing it, which includes my wife so I seem to be fighting a losing battle. I'd like to point out some of the advantages of the decal to see if there are more votes in favor out there:
- When people in the parking lot ask me "Is that a Ferrari?" I just point at the windscreen. (Slight drawback: People who try to be funny ask: "Is that a Porsche?")
- I tend to get more invitation to race from owners of Japanese cars similarly equipped. I usually let them pass so I can admire the large wings and modified exhausts.

Jokes aside, I personally think it has some esthetic value and it does work with the car (thanks to everyone who supports that view); however i does tend to distract from the inherent simple beauty of the body lines of the car.

I also appreciate the supporting comments about the freedom of choice and daring to be yourself. This is a great forum with so much to learn.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:18 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 62 Posts

It actually looks good but I personally like to keep things low key...so I voted to kill!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:58 PM
number 9
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My favorite paint color on the 991!! The banner decal is a classic touch and i dont mind it at all on the new design. Consider a solid black vinyl done as the banner, that way you have an excuse that its functional should you really care what anyone else would think. Do the same style (classic!) lettering over top of the black in.... maybe platinum(?) to match the wheels. Either way I'd delete the back badge. Those who know,... well, they know!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:21 PM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts

number 9,
I like that - "a classic touch"! I also like the idea of platinum letters or even black, as suggested by ArashApollo. In any case the white banner appears doomed.
I'm warming up more and more to the idea of de-badging the rear. I don't really like the design and color of those letters.
And Johnny B, stop by any time for a test drive as long as you bring along the lady in your avatar
Old 03-30-2013, 12:25 AM
cmb13
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree with many above. I'm not a fan, but it does kinda look good on your car. Keep if it you like it and the hell with what anyone else thinks.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:43 AM
Pincomar
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to say that is a damned nice looking car. I could find a home for that car! Personally, I would do without the logo. However, this is your car. Do what you like.

M.

Last edited by Pincomar; 03-30-2013 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,477 Posts

I voted to kill it but if you like it keep it. It is your car.

Quick Reply: Your Opinion Wanted: Poll