Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy to dent!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 08:41 PM
carrerapete
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On page 216 of the owners' manual they clearly specify that the use of a ball peen hammer for bird-dropping removal will void the warranty.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Venturi
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On Denting:

I live in fear of denting the front hood when closing it. I saw two 911 at dealership with slight body deflection around front emblem. I've been trying to use both palms and flat and push lightly, but seems an inordinate amount of pressure to close it. Am I being to delicate?
Old 04-22-2013, 04:57 PM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Venturi
On Denting:

I live in fear of denting the front hood when closing it. I saw two 911 at dealership with slight body deflection around front emblem. I've been trying to use both palms and flat and push lightly, but seems an inordinate amount of pressure to close it. Am I being to delicate?
Always found that palm down on the emblem with quick pressure does the trick. Any aluminum surface has to be carefully considered.it dents easily and can be a bitch to fix ( if it goes beyond your usual dent dr amount).
My son has a Panemara GTS and he put two small dents in the rear passenger door. They had to replace the door because they did not not think they could get the contours right . Cost him (insurance) almost $11K!.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:01 PM
meine911
Racer

Always found that palm down on the emblem with quick pressure does the trick. [/QUOTE]

To be extra safe, I prefer to press down close to the edge. I've been told that too much pressure around the emblem could cause a dent.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:45 AM
ww007
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meine911
Always found that palm down on the emblem with quick pressure does the trick.
To be extra safe, I prefer to press down close to the edge. I've been told that too much pressure around the emblem could cause a dent.[/QUOTE]

Yeah my dealer told me to never push down on the emblem itself when closing the hood as it's very delicate around there and may dent. He said it's better to push on the area in front of it.

Quick Reply: Easy to dent!!