Sponsored by:

What option did you miss?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 07:56 PM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ny991
Most people did a lot of research before their purchase, but afterwards learned they missed something.

I missed the PSE, I thought the stock was great but hadn't heard the PSE. My bad! But I can fix it.
either way, it's all good! i think i added the pse only after reading the RL posts.

Originally Posted by Z356
No you will not, trust me on that youngman40! As your planned daily driver, you will learn to appreciate the comfort and adjustability of your sport seats! And in Seattle's cold & damp weather, you will count your blessings each time you turn on the heated function on your sport seats! None of that is available with the sport buckets for the 991, which are the same we had on the .2 997 gt3's, 997 gt2's, Spyders, Cayman R's and GTS's (and ordered on a few regular .2 997's). The only adjustment on the Sport Bucket seat is back & forth. No tilting of any sort...or elevating them up or lowering them down! The chances the OEM set up of the Sport Bucket is perfect for your height, weight, etc. is one in 20. They are pretty comfortable ONCE you are in them, though! But getting IN and OUT is a PITA! Ask me how I know! On the other hand, if you will use your Porsche mostly at the track, then by all means Sport Buckets are the way to go!

I expect that the 'Sport Buckets Seats' will be allowed to be specified on just about any 'custom order' 991 or 981 once the 991 gt3 start to be delivered in the US very late this year. That is also when they will probably allow 'Alcantara' seat inlays, 'Alcantara' door panels,'Alcantara' steering wheels & 'Alcantara' manual shifters to be ordered by 991 customers. Right now, both the 'sport bucket seat' & 'Alcantara' interior options are being reserved for the introduction of the most sporting of the 991 models - the gt3's!

Saludos,
Eduardo
wait, did i miss something? your boxster spyder is now in the "past" section? hope the sport bucket seats had nothing to do with it! but thanks for taking the regret out of my build order, i'm getting over it, and your comments make perfect sense, though they still look really good in that picture of yours! finally, your familiarity with upcoming option items makes me highly suspicious that you have something "new in the works".....yes?!? your R8 is awesome, but c'mon you're always gonna be a porsche guy!

Originally Posted by DOCX51
I'm enjoying my 991 S with the carbon fiber bucketseats. They're light, look great and give real support.
And, even though there's no height adjustement, the seat rails are tilted. So the further forward you move the seat, the higher the seat gets
cool fact, didn't know that. like i said to z356, they are not super functional compared to the 18way sports, but man, they look super cool!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:31 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by oldman40
wait, did i miss something? your boxster spyder is now in the "past" section? Your familiarity with upcoming option items makes me highly suspicious that you have something "new in the works"?
Yes, gone but not forgotten! I decided to give up my plans on the PTS 991 after I was sort of ignored by 'Porsche Exclusive'. Their loss and Audi's gain. Life goes on...and perhaps you'll let me drive your new C4S cab when it arrives on my next trip to Seattle!

Originally Posted by DOCX51
And, even though there's no height adjustement, the seat rails are tilted. So the further forward you move the seat, the higher the seat gets
The AARP lobby must have file a complaint with PAG. Finally a Sport Bucket Seat so that my grandmother can drive! What will the boys at Weissach come up next? As I recall, the rails on my Spyder and 997 gt3/gt2's were flat. Innovation, thy name is Porsche!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images  

Last edited by Z356; 02-25-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:18 PM
MacAna
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceSA
Mine are pretty simple:

1. PCM -$5100
2. TPMS- $1000
3. Rain sensing wipers and auto dim rearview mirror-$ 800
4. PDK surrounds and dash strips in leather...aluminium way too reflective and blinding in sunlight. $1000

All the above are expensive options for South African spec cars.
Have just placed my order, but need to decide by Mon/Tues whether to take the PCM or not... At R44k it is a big ask... but the fact that it let's my iPod/iPhone fully connect is appealing.

So in retrospect, would you have paid the extra cash and taken it?
Old 03-02-2013, 07:12 PM
ArashApollo
Instructor

PSE and folding side mirrors (just for the nice lighting for outside the door)
Old 03-03-2013, 04:18 AM
ww007
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still awaiting delivery but I was not able to order the sport techno wheels in body color (basalt black in my case), which makes them half painted in the case of the sport technos. I "missed" this option because it was unavailable... I might just paint the wheels aftermarket.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:12 AM
skinzy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smokers Package! Free option. Beyond that I got everything I wanted. Why buy a 100K car and then skimp on a 3K option or two?
Old 03-13-2013, 06:09 PM
jmct
Instructor

I think the Headlight cleaning system cover painted exterior color (say that three times fast) would have been a good addition. On a dark color the chome sticks out a little and it looks a little off. It's a little more noticeable than I expected.
Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2013, 09:45 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 322 Likes on 194 Posts

I bought a car from dealer stock and missed PSE. For its first birthday I unmissed it. Picked it up today after work.

What?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:17 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 125 Posts

Full leather and smokers package.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:53 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 78 Posts

Illuminated rear foot wells...I pretty much got everything else

Some photos/config details here: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...errerid=112006 (pg 5)

Last edited by fester; 03-14-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:00 AM
jmct
Instructor

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
I bought a car from dealer stock and missed PSE. For its first birthday I unmissed it. Picked it up today after work.

What?
Hysterical! Enjoy, it does sound great!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:27 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Occasionally I miss the support of the 18-way Adaptives, but for quick ingress/egress and overall DD comfort, the 14-way are perfect. And I think my fond recollections of the *** on my 997 C4S is at least partially due to not being as fat back then.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:58 PM
MacAna
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

My car is built and arrives in a month, and I deliberated over the details and model endlessly! But today I realised I should have taken the red seatbelts, just to spice up the interior which I purposely kept relatively simple.

Anyone know if that is an easy retrofit?
Old 06-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MacAna
My car is built and arrives in a month, and I deliberated over the details and model endlessly! But today I realised I should have taken the red seatbelts, just to spice up the interior which I purposely kept relatively simple.

I changed out belts on my 997.2 C4S. Bought a red set from a Rennlist member, had my dealer install them for $200 or so. Preferred to have the authorized dealer/service do the work, as they have to reset the computer,etc.

Didn't really investigate the DIY option.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:39 PM
gulrey
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MacAna

I had to replace the red seatbelts on my 06 Boxster S and the dealer ordered them for me. Cost about $600 vs. 1/2 of that for the standard black.

Probably a lot more on the 991 as they have 4 belts.

Quick Reply: What option did you miss?