Sponsored by:

C4 cab Build - please provide feedback

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 07:39 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default C4 cab Build - please provide feedback

I test drove the c4s coupe with PSE and Burmester to finalize my build, also drove c2 cab with Bose etc

My observation:

1) Seats: Although I liked the Adaptive seats in my 07 cayman S, the Adaptives in 911c4s felt too restrictive for me, not sure why as i am physically the same , I liked the 14 way sport seats much better and will get them instead

2) PSE: Awesome, no question about it , getting it , even when roof closed it sounds great due to sound symposer i guess and with conv. top down it will be even more awesome . I also heard the PSE in Boxster with top up but top up it sounds better in 911 prolly due to piping of the sound into the cabin

3) Burmester: Yes it is better and clearer than Bose or my HK in Bmw 535 but when I listened back to back I was very satisified with the bose so not getting Burmester. I also listened to radio, satellite etc where burmester cannot be taken advantage of. Also I do not want the MRM on a lease to be way high where Burmester cannot be residualized , did i say I loved the PSE

4) C4 drives as good as c2 , has little more steering feel and is more grippier in wet conditions. I like the graph that shows how the torque is distributed front and back. I am more than happy with the base suspension and base power

5) Sport Chrono: Sport plus is awesome and i felt the steering wheel with paddles has a more tactile feel

SO getting the above plus
black on black- triple black c4 cab, Model delete, pdk with sport chrono, crests on headrests,PSE, 14 way seats , Bose, Premium package plus, Sport design steering wheel, parking sensors, Model designation 911, Red seat belts, sport chrono in guards red

Not sure if folding mirrors are worth it? Any feedback will be appreciated on my options - Thx all in advance
Old 02-05-2013, 09:28 PM
meine911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I certainly can't argue with black on black. Agree on Bose. PSE is pretty much the main music box anyway. Only surface concern is whether the 911 letters work on the back under Porsche or not. Have not seen one like that in black yet. Good choice on steering wheel. MT versus PDK is the only other observation. A personal choice. All have said both are great for different reasons. In any event, you have a great car designed. Congrats.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 PM
meine911
Racer

Oh. And folding mirrors. Get 'em if you need 'em. I don't.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by casaforte9
I test drove the c4s coupe with PSE and Burmester to finalize my build, also drove c2 cab with Bose etc

My observation:

1) Seats: Although I liked the Adaptive seats in my 07 cayman S, the Adaptives in 911c4s felt too restrictive for me, not sure why as i am physically the same , I liked the 14 way sport seats much better and will get them insteadPersonal preference here...I did the Sport Adaptive

2) PSE: Awesome, no question about it , getting it , even when roof closed it sounds great due to sound symposer i guess and with conv. top down it will be even more awesome . I also heard the PSE in Boxster with top up but top up it sounds better in 911 prolly due to piping of the sound into the cabinno doubt on this!

3) Burmester: Yes it is better and clearer than Bose or my HK in Bmw 535 but when I listened back to back I was very satisified with the bose so not getting Burmester. I also listened to radio, satellite etc where burmester cannot be taken advantage of. Also I do not want the MRM on a lease to be way high where Burmester cannot be residualized , did i say I loved the PSE I felt the same, wouldn't spend the upcharge for Burmester given the environment/engine sound

4) C4 drives as good as c2 , has little more steering feel and is more grippier in wet conditions. I like the graph that shows how the torque is distributed front and back. I am more than happy with the base suspension and base power

5) Sport Chrono: Sport plus is awesome and i felt the steering wheel with paddles has a more tactile feelI think Sport Chrono is a must have. Sport Design wheel with paddle shifters works for me. Personal preference on the wheel

SO getting the above plus
black on black- triple black c4 cab, Model delete, pdk with sport chrono, crests on headrests,PSE, 14 way seats , Bose, Premium package plus, Sport design steering wheel, parking sensors, Model designation 911, Red seat belts, sport chrono in guards red I have a bias regarding your color choice! Red belts are cool - had them in my 997.2, but they do show dirt. I really like the Lighting design package, especially with black interior. I deleted all the badging from the back - i think it works with the light bar on the C4 models - think it would be too naked on the C2 cars. You can see some pics in my "black is beautiful" thread. Good luck...now comes the hard part...waiting...and waiting....

Not sure if folding mirrors are worth it? Any feedback will be appreciated on my options - Thx all in advance
Best comment I've seen on folding mirrors is that leaving them out will keep pedestrians a couple inches further away from your car. I think that's a good thing!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:14 PM
rotero8513
Track Day

Almost identical to mine. I also ordered red dials. It looks great!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:46 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer911
Best comment I've seen on folding mirrors is that leaving them out will keep pedestrians a couple inches further away from your car. I think that's a good thing!
only if the person is care about cars, for others, they will hit it will their backpacks or purses anyway.

Quick Reply: C4 cab Build - please provide feedback