Sponsored by:

waiting patiently...not!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default waiting patiently...not!

Waiting to take delivery of my new C4S, and it's not easy. Car is sitting at the dealer, already dropped off my 997.2 C4S. Waiting to have window tint done, clear mask, and a paint sealant to help protect the standard black. Will also have my winter wheels mounted, as there is always the possibility that it may actually snow in Colorado before summer. (skiers are suffering through a second poor year in a row!) Dealer has kindly provided a Panamera 4 to hold me over until D-day.

Came down with stomach flu after a business trip last week, so only had a few minutes to stop by and take a look at the car. Didn't even get in it so I wouldn't contaminate it with germs (or worse!!!!) Good chance I will be able to get the car as early as tuesday...which would be awesome as we are expecting unseasonably warm weather this week (67 on wednesday) and blue-bird skies.

But of course..potential has arisen for an unscheduled business trip..you guessed it - leaving tuesday.

So... in my still somewhat weakened state, I have spent hours perusing the 991 forum picking up useful information, considering interesting perspectives, being entertained to various degrees, and just generally getting acquainted with the characters that frequent the joint

I apologize I have no definitive point to make in this post, and would hope to add more value in the future...but appreciate your collectively indulging my need to vent some frustration in the form of launching this set of electrons into the ether!

Seems like a good group, happy to be here, and looking forward to posting pics and reporting back on the new ride. Oh one more thing...to those on the 997 forum that hounded me relentlessly...clear side markers will be on the 991 before it leaves the dealer
Old 01-20-2013, 01:44 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I feel your impatience. Congrats. BTW where in CO are you. Lived in Greeley, Parker and South Fork.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
I feel your impatience. Congrats. BTW where in CO are you. Lived in Greeley, Parker and South Fork.
In foothills SW of Denver, south of Morrison...curvy roads start at the end of my driveway
Old 01-20-2013, 03:17 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

love it man..pics when ya can. Hang tight. Soon
Old 01-20-2013, 03:37 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer911
Waiting to take delivery of my new C4S, and it's not easy. Car is sitting at the dealer, already dropped off my 997.2 C4S. Waiting to have window tint done, clear mask, and a paint sealant to help protect the standard black. Will also have my winter wheels mounted, as there is always the possibility that it may actually snow in Colorado before summer. (skiers are suffering through a second poor year in a row!) Dealer has kindly provided a Panamera 4 to hold me over until D-day.

Came down with stomach flu after a business trip last week, so only had a few minutes to stop by and take a look at the car. Didn't even get in it so I wouldn't contaminate it with germs (or worse!!!!) Good chance I will be able to get the car as early as tuesday...which would be awesome as we are expecting unseasonably warm weather this week (67 on wednesday) and blue-bird skies.

But of course..potential has arisen for an unscheduled business trip..you guessed it - leaving tuesday.

So... in my still somewhat weakened state, I have spent hours perusing the 991 forum picking up useful information, considering interesting perspectives, being entertained to various degrees, and just generally getting acquainted with the characters that frequent the joint

I apologize I have no definitive point to make in this post, and would hope to add more value in the future...but appreciate your collectively indulging my need to vent some frustration in the form of launching this set of electrons into the ether!

Seems like a good group, happy to be here, and looking forward to posting pics and reporting back on the new ride. Oh one more thing...to those on the 997 forum that hounded me relentlessly...clear side markers will be on the 991 before it leaves the dealer
Oh, thank goodness! It's nice to see that you finally cam to your senses!

Just kidding, although I "may" have suggested "clear markers" to you on the 997 Forum.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:40 PM
DHill
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel your pain. Waiting is the most Torturous part of the whole order/delivery process. Hope you feel better and look forward to pics next week.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:57 PM
docfink
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer911

Looking forward to your new pics, but quick question about your 997: Shouldn't it have the light bar strip if it's a .2 C4S?
Old 01-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by docfink
Looking forward to your new pics, but quick question about your 997: Shouldn't it have the light bar strip if it's a .2 C4S?
Good question! Good answer: Not with the Aerokit Cup...different deck lid with the integrated wing.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:56 PM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Received 164 Likes on 114 Posts

What is worse than waiting for delivery, is having it for a couple of months and then having to put it away for the winter! That's where I am! If I could move I would, but instead I roam the DE schedules looking for a track to run when the weather changes, thinking about what gear to run through what turn! It won't be long I tell myself!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:03 AM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ny991
What is worse than waiting for delivery, is having it for a couple of months and then having to put it away for the winter! That's where I am! If I could move I would, but instead I roam the DE schedules looking for a track to run when the weather changes, thinking about what gear to run through what turn! It won't be long I tell myself!
Not unlike the relationship I have with my golf clubs! With my car it's a little different once I own it...daily driver year-round unless the relatively infrequent snow is just too deep. Going months without firing up the beast would be extremely difficult for me. Even though traffic in Denver area continues to worsen as the years go by, I do take some therapeutic value from being in my 911, even during the worst of it.

Good luck with your coping techniques, I hope they serve you well!

Quick Reply: waiting patiently...not!