Sponsored by:

Does Espresso interior go with the Dark Blue exterior

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:20 AM
991C
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Espresso interior go with the Dark Blue exterior

I am thinking of ordering a 991C2S in Dark Blue with Espresso interior. I see it as a very rich, classy and luxurious combination, but I have been getting some stick from some of my mates that the espresso does not go with the Dark Blue. Beige or grey or umber are not a choice for me. The only other choice would be black, and that is also not too convincing to me either.

Here are some pics of a dark blue cab with espresso. I am not getting a cab though.

Let me know what you guys think.

Do those two colours completely not go with each other? Or should I stick with my gut instinct and go ahead with the Dark Blue and Espresso combination?
Attached Images       
Old 01-14-2013, 09:45 AM
brianja
Rennlist Member

Received 690 Likes on 268 Posts

I'm torn on the combination. I was seriously considering it, but I think that it might be a bit too dark together.

My heart was more set on the espresso interior than the dark blue exterior, so I wound up with white and I love the contrast it provides.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:39 AM
hms90
Track Day

Love it. I ordered the a Carrera S with the same combination. They set a production slot in February and I should be getting my car by end of April.
I was looking for pics all over the place for this combination since I was also not sure if that combination was the right choice but the dealer and friends convinced me that it would look amazing and prestigious. Yeah they are two dark colours but two rich and elegant colours.

I also ordered a glass sunroof which is black and I want to put high percentage tints on the windows when I get them.

Thanks for the pics, go for it IMO.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Justin N
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't have thought that combo would have gone so well - but it looks nice from those images, certainly better than plain black. For me the best interior with the dark blue is still the black/light grey combo - especially with a lighter stitching on the black leather.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:56 AM
certified_prime
Instructor

I love the Agate Grey interior with the Dark Blue paint. Saw one in person. The Agate Grey has a tint of brown to it and they go together so well.

The cabriolet above does look nice tho.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:34 AM
fbroen
Three Wheelin'

Received 230 Likes on 125 Posts

That is a fantastic looking combo!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:39 AM
vman4639
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I never would have thought of that combo - and thought I would hate it - but in looking at it, I really like it. It's unique and elegant. I showed my wife (who is not really into cars) and she likes it to.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:00 PM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 71 Posts

I think this combo on cab would look good in any color...it's just the way it looks, it stands out on itself...
Old 01-14-2013, 01:45 PM
docmalone
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I think it is great together, very classy and tough at the same time. I remember a brown/blue 997 driven by Alec Baldwin in the movie "It's Complicated" and thought it looked good back then.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:08 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

I'll not only second all the thumbs ups, I'll go so far as to say that this is a combination that will only grow on you over time. My wife (an artist) has pointed out several times that when you have bright colors the eye sees the color, it makes an impact, that's pretty much it. With darker colors things are different. The eye keeps searching for what exactly is going on. I honestly think this goes very far back in time, to clinging to tree limbs, to the need to see the predator in the night. Its a fascination. Too dark, black, you don't register the color at all, only the reflection, and the eye looks for things that stand out. For imperfections. You see every speck of dust. But in between, and for long term enjoyment, this is where its at. This is the realm of the Espressos, the Dark Blues, Anthracite, Agate, and so on. Plus, it is an uncommon combination. Oh yeah, you will be loving this car!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

i'd prefer the white with the espresso and the natural brown with the blue
Old 01-14-2013, 03:23 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
I'll not only second all the thumbs ups, I'll go so far as to say that this is a combination that will only grow on you over time. My wife (an artist) has pointed out several times that when you have bright colors the eye sees the color, it makes an impact, that's pretty much it. With darker colors things are different. The eye keeps searching for what exactly is going on. I honestly think this goes very far back in time, to clinging to tree limbs, to the need to see the predator in the night. Its a fascination. Too dark, black, you don't register the color at all, only the reflection, and the eye looks for things that stand out. For imperfections. You see every speck of dust. But in between, and for long term enjoyment, this is where its at. This is the realm of the Espressos, the Dark Blues, Anthracite, Agate, and so on. Plus, it is an uncommon combination. Oh yeah, you will be loving this car!
Chuck, Just keep in a low register when you are singing "Oh Sweet Mystery Of Life", please.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

When I read the thread title I thought "no way", but I'm surprised that I like actually like the look, based on the pictures, at least.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:58 PM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts

Very elegant combination, works beautifully for the cab. Makes you think of royal blue velvet and fine swiss chocolate brilliantly combined. Depends on personal taste, obviously, and the message you want to send. Brighter colors give a more aggressive and sporty look IMO.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:18 PM
GoGoSA991
Intermediate

Default Why I love it

Originally Posted by 991C
I am thinking of ordering a 991C2S in Dark Blue with Espresso interior. I see it as a very rich, classy and luxurious combination, but I have been getting some stick from some of my mates that the espresso does not go with the Dark Blue. Beige or grey or umber are not a choice for me. The only other choice would be black, and that is also not too convincing to me either.

Here are some pics of a dark blue cab with espresso. I am not getting a cab though.

Let me know what you guys think.

Do those two colours completely not go with each other? Or should I stick with my gut instinct and go ahead with the Dark Blue and Espresso combination?

The reason I love this combo is because the espresso is the THE best interior. Why? It and and the Carerra Red are the only 2 production colors made with the highest quality leather. Eliminate the red cause its just too over the top. So you are left with espresso.

Now, the question moves to what external works the best with espresso. That's the tough one. You could go the "predicted combos" or think out of the box. And I think this combo is unique as was mentioned and with tinted windows it will be a nice "surprise" when the passenger steps in and welcomed by that awesome espresso. They will be expecting black or gray.

My $0.02 and good luck!

Cheers

-TLG

Quick Reply: Does Espresso interior go with the Dark Blue exterior