Sponsored by:

Feedback on C4S Build / New Member

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 03:53 PM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Feedback on C4S Build / New Member

I'm a new rennlist member, but not new to the Porsche brand, who would like to get some feedback on my 991 C4S build that will close in a week or so - in particular:

Chose not to add PDCC based on articles / reviews but have actually not driven one. I do enjoy the weight transfers during hard cornering but but also want to be as fast as I can - seems like this is a feel vs. track 1/10 seconds decision.

Leather / Carbon options: Missing anything? Too much?

Appreciate your comments.
http://www.porsche.com/microsite/por...e/?c=/PD9VHH86

911 Carrera 4S
0Q White
BL Leather interior in Black/ Luxor Beige
ZAB Ornamental Porsche Crest
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
840 SportDesign steering wheel
X70 Door sill guards in stainless
XHM Center console trim Carbon
XWK Sport Seats Plus backs leather
XUV Model logo on center console
CXM Extended pkg leather doorpanel
509 Fire extinguisher
022 Instrument Dials in Black
658 Power Steering Plus
030 PASM Sport Suspension
XEX Black Bi-Xenon lights w/ PDLS
CAS Model designation on doors in
498 Deletion of Model Designation
XRT 20-inch SportTechno wheel
970 Two-tone leather interior
653 Sunroof in glass
X51 Carrera S Powerkit
686 SiriusXM(R) Sat Radio Tuner
342 Seat heating (front)
276 Automatically dimming mirrors
EEJ Carbon pkg (leather/PDK)
XGB Carbon Gearbox Trim
XHJ XHJ
XWC Carbon Door Panel
P05 Sport Seats Plus
Old 01-13-2013, 04:38 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

Great custom build. Vented seats are really nice with leather- are they included in any package you selected? Re PDCC. Having driven both in the 2CS, I like Sport PASM without it - specifically for the feel. Have not seen any comparative comments about it in the 4S.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:07 PM
David in Talent
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VERY nice build ! Congrats ! I have the two-tone black/beige interior in my 997 C4S and really love it. If I were to do it again, I would add the deviated black carpeting for a VERY European look. Really sets it off. I saw a picture of this combo and fell in love with it...........
Old 01-13-2013, 07:45 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Great build!

Someone will come along and say you don't need the X51 Powerkit, just ignore them.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Detroit Shooter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the look of carbon fiber but I wonder if it will date the car?
Old 01-13-2013, 08:45 PM
MAHack
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

I also did not spec the PDCC.

Good choice with the sport plus seat backs in beige leather as IMO the gray plastic would clash with your two tone beige/black combo.

I see you chose the sport plus seats with the manual adjustment. Keep in mind these do not have adjustable lumbar support which may not matter to you. If it does, it's only a little more $ (isn't everything) to get the adaptive sport plus seats.

You should add the ventilated seats which are nice when it's warm. They are included in the premium package with a couple of other bundled options.

I like the sport techno wheels choice. Keep in mind it will limit your tire selection for the time being as they take a slightly wider 305 rear.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:17 PM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

All,
Thanks a lot for the good suggestions!
Carpets: They come out black on the 3D configurator so i just assumed they will be black - have to check with my sales guy
Seats: Have been thinking about the package with the adaptive sport seats; however I have them on my 997 and actually never change any settings. Good feedback, will give it some more thought.
PDCC: Since I'm spending 99% of my time on public road that nice weight transition feel is probably the way to go.
Powerkit: Fully committed - a must have IMO

Trending Topics

Old 01-14-2013, 08:57 PM
meine911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great build! One thing that you might consider if you haven't already is painting the side mirror posts. They will be black if you don't opt for white paint. Same type of option for lower front and back.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:36 PM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

Thanks for the suggestions! I was looking at the white paint front spoiler and back apron + mirror options. This may sound strange but I like the contrasting black, especially with the two tone interior and the carbon trim.
Detroit Shooter commented that carbon would possibly date the car, which is a very good observation, however I remain torn on this topic.
I'd really like the darker platinum paint options for the standard wheels, but that is not available for the Sport Techno wheels.........
Old 01-15-2013, 02:09 PM
meine911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SkandoSchwabe
Thanks for the suggestions! I was looking at the white paint front spoiler and back apron + mirror options. This may sound strange but I like the contrasting black, especially with the two tone interior and the carbon trim.
I certainly understand the contrast considerations. Just wanted to be sure you knew about it especially with a white car.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:35 PM
ww007
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SkandoSchwabe
All,
Thanks a lot for the good suggestions!
Carpets: They come out black on the 3D configurator so i just assumed they will be black - have to check with my sales guy
Seats: Have been thinking about the package with the adaptive sport seats; however I have them on my 997 and actually never change any settings. Good feedback, will give it some more thought.
PDCC: Since I'm spending 99% of my time on public road that nice weight transition feel is probably the way to go.
Powerkit: Fully committed - a must have IMO
Looks like the carpets are beige... it's the floor mats that are black. It looks pretty good as it is, but deviating the carpets to black for around $710 is something to consider as well; might be easier to clean.

Quick Reply: Feedback on C4S Build / New Member