Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What can I expect to receive upon taking delivery - Check list?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Buddhabelly
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can I expect to receive upon taking delivery - Check list?

I am attempting to fill out a list of things I should expect to get from the dealership upon taking delivery of our car on Sunday based on previous transactions.

Can anyone please add to this or point out mistake from their own experience:

A car
Contract papers
2 key fobs
1 valet key
Manuals
Ipod interface cord.
Demo CD/DVD (???)

????
Old 01-11-2013, 01:28 PM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Received 164 Likes on 114 Posts

It would help to see your options list. I don't believe you will receive a demo CD or DVD, but you certainly will acquire one huge smile! Congratulations, you are going to love it!

All I got was a full tank of gas.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:47 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddhabelly
I am attempting to fill out a list of things I should expect to get from the dealership upon taking delivery of our car on Sunday based on previous transactions.

Can anyone please add to this or point out mistake from their own experience:

A car
Contract papers
2 key fobs
1 valet key
Manuals
Ipod interface cord.
Demo CD/DVD (???)

????
-No valet key- it is integral with and detatchable from the car key. Two keys (#1 and #2, each remembers assigned car settings if you have that option). Mine came with nice leather fobs with dealership info if they were lost. There were several options in the case at the parts dept and the salesman had selected good ones.

-No iPod cord- a USB port is in the glove box- you supply whatever you wish to attach to it.

- several manuals (car, PCS, quick start)

- No CD/DVD- there is a web site for that

- The Dealer Profit Item Hard Sell: tire insurance; theft "insurance" inc. stickers they will attach to many surfaces if you let them or have not prevented, in which case if you refuse the cost, they "give" it to you; paint and interior protection = laughable), Lojac.

It is someone's job, so I was polite. I told them I would listen IF they gave me a couple of items I saw at the service counter- the large suitable for garage calendar, a baseball cap of my choice. Also, an aluminum 991 paperweight from the announcement party goodiebag (it was the week following the release in 2012 and I missed the goodiebags), and a free oil change at 3500 miles (not in the schedule, but an old school habit for the end of "break in" mileage). I advised that if he actually tried to sell me the Lojack I would use it on him. They complied.

- Final sales paperwork, title paperwork.

- As much time as I wanted to have the salesman go over everything he or I could think of, mainly about the PCS functions, options screens, and the computer- ~40 minutes. PS well worth it cause the manual is not always easy to decipher. This was the hard part- I wanted to get out and drive!

PS My dealership has been great- chased down a couple of rattles, did some factory campaign stuff for early cars. Good service all the way. No real problems so far.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:47 PM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc

-No iPod cord- a USB port is in the glove box- you supply whatever you wish to attach to it.
My salesman was kind of sheepish about this, every other car I've ever had with a USB port came with an Ipod adapter cord. Any Apple USB to dock cord will work.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:56 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc

- No CD/DVD- there is a web site for that
Mine came with two disks, Chuck. A DVD with video guide to important features and a CD from Porsche Design called Global Grooves or summat like that. The latter to demo the sound system and from what you say, it may only come with the Burmester option.

Gary
Old 01-12-2013, 09:49 AM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by simsgw
Mine came with two disks, Chuck. A DVD with video guide to important features and a CD from Porsche Design called Global Grooves or summat like that. The latter to demo the sound system and from what you say, it may only come with the Burmester option.

Gary
I know they include some kind of audio disk with the Burmester. Is the "global grooves" disk you refer to a CD or maybe a DVD-A format disk?
Old 01-12-2013, 01:25 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rpilot
I know they include some kind of audio disk with the Burmester. Is the "global grooves" disk you refer to a CD or maybe a DVD-A format disk?
It is a compact disk, rpilot. An audio CD that is.

Is it limited to cars delivered with Burmester? I wasn't sure.

Gary
Old 01-12-2013, 03:04 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

The main thing you can expect is a significantly lighter wallet. Sorry, someone had to say that. Congratulations!
J
Old 01-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Buddhabelly
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
The main thing you can expect is a significantly lighter wallet.
J
Haha... So true.

Quick Reply: What can I expect to receive upon taking delivery - Check list?