Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What freebies - if any, did you get upon picking up your car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 06:27 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

full tank of gas, i had to pay for my keychains and weatherproof floor mats, but negotiated several thousand off the price.. so with those thousands i can buy myself better stuff
Old 01-11-2013, 11:02 AM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I got a matching red leather keyfob for my Guards Red car, full tank of gas, and a small vinyl "gym bag" full of Griot's Garage products. A month later my Certificate of Authenticity arrived in the mail as a gift from my salesman. They also sold me my roofrack and a tshirt at cost a week after the sale, haven't had occasion to go back to the dealer since.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:08 AM
carsrmyvice
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I have always found the hallmark of a good deal is when the dealer makes you buy the floor mats. That's when you know they aren't getting the steak dinner they are accustomed to eating on you. But then again if you order a special addition or launch car etc you may have to pay closer to sticker, I'm which case I would expect a few small gifts.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:22 AM
carrerapete
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1 Quart of Mobil 1 ... Porsche calendar -- 2 Key chains -- black Porsche hat

The Porsche pen recently arrived in the mail along with a DVD and brochures.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:26 AM
ww007
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still waiting on my April delivery but I find it interesting how much the free stuff people are getting can vary. Did you guys have to ask to get that extra stuff, or did the dealer give them to you without your having to ask? I'm also of the mentality that how much free stuff you get is inversely proportional to how good of a deal you got...

Sounds like the one constant is the free tank of gas, which I find funny because when I bought my BMW 2 years ago, I received the car with barely any gas in it and the first thing I had to do after driving off the lot was find the nearest gas station and fill it up Maybe that was a BMW thing? Although my dealer did throw in the floor mats and a pair of BMW baseball caps (which I had asked for) so I couldn't have gotten that good of a deal
Old 01-11-2013, 12:27 PM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts

You shouldn't expect much if you negotiated lower price than sticker on a launch car. Regardless, I'd like to ask for clear markers, 2 hats and a car cover for free! I don't need freebie Porsche creat key chains as I got mine ordered with the car in espresso leather...this's all happening next week
Old 01-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Buddhabelly
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll ask my wife drive by your house on the way back from the dealer, turn on PSE and gun it. To tie you over another couple weeks.

Originally Posted by fester
You shouldn't expect much if you negotiated lower price than sticker on a launch car. Regardless, I'd like to ask for clear markers, 2 hats and a car cover for free! I don't need freebie Porsche creat key chains as I got mine ordered with the car in espresso leather...this's all happening next week
Old 01-15-2013, 12:03 AM
Buddhabelly
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up getting nothing.

2 key chains.

Quick Reply: What freebies - if any, did you get upon picking up your car?