Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What freebies - if any, did you get upon picking up your car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Buddhabelly
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What freebies - if any, did you get upon picking up your car?

Our car is finally at the dealer. Yah!

We plan to take delivery Sunday afternoon. Should we expect anything, like a courtesy gift from the dealer? Mats, fill up the gas tank, swift kick in the butt? What, if anything, has anyone been getting from your dealer?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:22 PM
WCE
User

Received 176 Likes on 85 Posts

Mats are standard and a full tank is a given. I got a quart of Mobil 1 (which worried me a bit) and the leather key ring with a Porsche crest (which didn't match my leather interior)...but don't sweat the freebies, you're getting an amazing car at the best pricing in the world!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

A full tank of gas for sure. Anything else will vary from salesman to salesman, dealer to dealer. Porsche crest key chains are a typical throw in. With my factory delivery in '09 I got key chains and a bottle of wine. I've gotten floor mats or a car cover, though that hasn't happened in a while. When I bought my 996 the salesman offered me a free personalized option on him; I got a carbon fiber trim hand brake. That was very generous and unusual; I wouldn't expect too much besides the car, IIWY.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:35 PM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 414 Likes on 180 Posts

Two quarts mobil 1, two black Porsche hats, key chains.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:55 PM
docmalone
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I got A Porsche hat, leather crest keychain for each fob, the window sticker laminated, and the "meet and greet" with the dealership owner.
A week or so later the dealership mailed us a 15% off any Porsche accessories or services for one year.
The best VIP treatment I have ever received was when we bought the R8, which is to be expected due to the outrageous cost.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

Maybe a couple cheap keychains.
Our dealer used to give out nice pens, but that stopped.
I mean, they only make about $10k per car. Can't be too generous now.

The people at Mercedes were the most generous, probably to take your attention away from their product!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:14 PM
stuartdmacd
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First post on this site-
Picked up the car in November - 991s Cab
Dealer gave us - Shirt, pens, hats, key chains, level one training at the Porsche driving school, and best of all a custom license plate - PDK991
Old 01-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

The dealer where I got the 997 and the Spyder puts clear side markers on as part of the PDI, which I think is a nice touch, and with both cars included a liter of oil in one of those 'Porsche' pouches with plastic gloves, etc. (although neither car burned any oil).

If you get a lot of free stuff, you probably paid to much
Old 01-10-2013, 09:52 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I stole the pen. Got caught. She felt sorry for me and said keep it. Also got three small bottles of water. Don't be jealous peoples. Not bad wheelin' and dealin' for a $100,000+ ride. Thanks Champion Porsche.

(I crack myself up even when I'm not joking.)

Old 01-10-2013, 11:10 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddhabelly
Our car is finally at the dealer. Yah!

We plan to take delivery Sunday afternoon. Should we expect anything, like a courtesy gift from the dealer? Mats, fill up the gas tank, swift kick in the butt? What, if anything, has anyone been getting from your dealer?
Wow. First read this earlier today and couldn't think of anything. Mostly because they are very nice every time I'm in there and the items they included with the car just seemed routine. As someone said, it's an expensive car and how big a deal can you make of it when you give somebody a key fob?

On the other hand, after reading the other answers, they did let me have a Panamera S for the last few weeks waiting for my Carrera to come in; the gas tank was full of course; they usually do little chores like changing the sidemarker lights without charging me and they did that this time as well; they set up my cell phone to use the Bluetooth link; and ... well all that other stuff mentioned except the track training. (Redundant, as they know in my case, but I could have used a day at Cordon Bleu if they were anxious to please.)

And a key fob. And a little bag for a quart of oil, which is a nice touch since Mobil One isn't always available in small towns, but an empty gesture because I've never used a quart of oil in a Porsche. Tradition from the bad old days I suppose. I think one of them offered me a quart of oil for the bag, but I declined since I still have a full case from 2009 when I bought my first Porsche, expecting to need a quart every month or so. Figured I might as well remove one of those to the frunk.

[Oh yes. VIP tickets to the Los Angeles Auto Show.]

Gary

Last edited by simsgw; 01-10-2013 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Forgot the tickets to auto show
Old 01-11-2013, 12:37 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
The dealer where I got the 997 and the Spyder puts clear side markers on as part of the PDI)
^^ this should be part of every PDI Dave
Old 01-11-2013, 12:55 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

When I got my Second GT3 I pulled of the best one I have ever done, I got $500 of stuff for the wife out of the Porsche catalogue. I told my salesman look this is rough on the wifey, it would sure make easier for MY WIFE if you gave her $500 out of the Porsche catalogue because it only costs you ~$250 and we both make out with a good deal. I am going to try that again next time
Old 01-11-2013, 04:49 AM
ArashApollo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. I got nothing but the tank of gas. When I asked about clear side markers my sales guy said if I gave him $80 he would get them on the car for me before I took delivery on it. I was pissed to say the least..
Old 01-11-2013, 05:01 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ArashApollo
Wow. I got nothing but the tank of gas. When I asked about clear side markers my sales guy said if I gave him $80 he would get them on the car for me before I took delivery on it. I was pissed to say the least..
Cough. Choke.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:37 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Default One thing no one has mentioned!

Originally Posted by Buddhabelly
Been meaning to ask. Did everyone get the demonstration disk for their stereo system? It's a Porsche Design collection of jazz titled "Global Grooves 3". Is that always included or only with the upgraded sound systems?

Gary

Quick Reply: What freebies - if any, did you get upon picking up your car?