Sponsored by:

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 04:43 PM
LPB
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help

I am new to this board and I have never owned a Porsche. I would like to describe my purchase and see what the board members think.

New 991 4S cab

Platinum Silver Metalic
cabriolet Black Roof
with Black or Beige Leather Interior
7 speed Manual
Premium package plus
Instruments dial in black
Bose Audio
Park assist, front and rear
Electric folding mirrors
Wing mirror lower part painted
Sport exhaust system
Sport chrono package
Power steering plus
20 inch SportDesign wheels
Wheel centercaps with colored porsche crest
Power sport seats 14 way
Sport design steering wheel
Rear center tunnel in leather with decorative stiching
Brushed aluminum interior package

How would the beige interior stand up? I live in Canada ,Ontario cold weather climate, color looks great new but I am concerned how it will wear?

How does the additional Interior Package, dashboard in leather and the Steering column casing in leather look?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

LB
Old 01-10-2013, 05:24 PM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lpb, great build! taste is personal so take what you will from the replies given (that will surely follow!)
personally, i'm not a fan of plat silver and beige combo--strongly recommend the black or espresso. a compromise might be the black/beige 2tone interior. you are right though, lighter color interiors will have cleanliness issues with staining, blue jeans etc. some have noted some glare issues with beige dash also.

if you do go with a lighter color interior, the steering column in leather is helpful, as it gets rid of the black plastic casing between the wheel and the dash. as for addt'l dash in leather, i ordered it on mine, but it is totally non-essential, more for those who want a more complete leather look inside. given that you ordered the rear center tunnel w/decorative stitching (me too) you may find enjoyment in it. consider adding the porsche crests/model logo on the center compartment and crests on headrests too. cabs get a lot more notice out of these than coupes.

also regarding brushed aluminum, great choice, but dont forget to add the center console trim (not included in the interior package) in brushed aluminum too, otherwise it wont match the aluminum on the dash and doors.

you checkboxed the key essentials imo: pse, cab, 7mt, sport chrono!

good luck,
Old 01-10-2013, 06:03 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 311 Likes on 186 Posts

+1 on a darker interior for less maintenance / cleaner look. I would add seat crests. The natural leather (top grain and feels nicer to the touch than the regular leather) in espresso matches and is stunning with Platinum Silver. Black is very sharp too- (says me with it).

Does the premium package included vented seats? Don't know where you are but they are very nice in warmer temps with leather.

I have not been in a 4S at all let alone with with power steering plus- but it was not particularly necessary on the C2S as the steering is not heavy at low speeds at all.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:17 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
+1 on a darker interior for less maintenance / cleaner look. I would add seat crests. The natural leather (top grain and feels nicer to the touch than the regular leather) in espresso matches and is stunning with Platinum Silver. Black is very sharp too- (says me with it).

Does the premium package included vented seats? Don't know where you are but they are very nice in warmer temps with leather.

I have not been in a 4S at all let alone with with power steering plus- but it was not particularly necessary on the C2S as the steering is not heavy at low speeds at all.
I agree with Chuck's comments and would add one detail. Even here in the desert, Winter weather can cause me to get into my cars with damp clothing. This doesn't bother people who put away their Porsche in Winter, but mine is a daily driver and beige upholstery -- beautiful as it is in Summer with the top down -- just doesn't seem to like those conditions.

The espresso natural leather is much more tolerant, as well as being beautiful. Also, ordering it seems to deal with all the questions of adding leather trim other places. I just specified "espresso natural leather" and all the other places came with that.

Gary
Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 PM
ncamg
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Platinum with black top and black leather is very attractive and doesn't grow old. I have a C2s cab with that combo. After 8 months I would still order the same combo.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:43 PM
meine911
Racer

[QUOTE also regarding brushed aluminum, great choice, but dont forget to add the center console trim (not included in the interior package) in brushed aluminum too, otherwise it wont match the aluminum on the dash and doors,[/QUOTE]

Note also sport steering wheel is not brushed aluminum for what it's worth.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:43 PM
LPB
Cruisin'

Thanks Guys, i am taking your advise and I will be going with a black interior. Went to a dealership tonite and saw the platinum silver in the dark and I think it is too gold for my liking. I may go with Artic Silver, special order or go with Black. Black is just so tought to keep clean.

I love Porsche in the Silver are there any old Porche Models that have a great silver color?
Old 01-10-2013, 10:53 PM
LPB
Cruisin'

Thanks Meine911 , I did not know the sport steering wheel was not alluminum, How does it look beside the alluuminum?
Old 01-10-2013, 10:56 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LPB
Thanks Guys, i am taking your advise and I will be going with a black interior. Went to a dealership tonite and saw the platinum silver in the dark and I think it is too gold for my liking. I may go with Artic Silver, special order or go with Black. Black is just so tought to keep clean.

I love Porsche in the Silver are there any old Porche Models that have a great silver color?
Well, I thought the Arctic Silver of my 997.2 was beautiful and I recommend it highly if you don't like the other silver I've heard mentioned.

Gary
Old 01-10-2013, 10:56 PM
meine911
Racer

Originally Posted by LPB

My 997 was arctic silver. Great color and easier to "seem" clean. I'm going back to black on my soon to arrive 991S. Tough to keep clean but wonderful when it is.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:05 PM
LPB
Cruisin'

Meine911, which Black are you going with?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:41 PM
meine911
Racer

Originally Posted by LPB
Meine911, which Black are you going with?
Standard black. I considered the other but chose to go the whole way. A bit more shine.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:45 AM
meine911
Racer

LB - Just noticed your other question about the sport steering wheel. My understanding is that it has the same metal (aluminum I believe) as the standard trim (doors, dash, shift ****, etc.). It is one reason that I kept with the standard trim on my order. Hope I'm right. Maybe others can chime in.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:12 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 311 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by LPB

GT Silver is "the" classic Porsche silver, offered at extra cost besides other metallic silvers over the years. It goes with most evreything but best with the darker leathers. Black or red are the historical combinations, going back to 356 days, and yachting blue is a stunner as it picks up the blue undertone in the paint.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:30 AM
2wheels4me
Instructor

Originally Posted by meine911
LB - Just noticed your other question about the sport steering wheel. My understanding is that it has the same metal (aluminum I believe) as the standard trim (doors, dash, shift ****, etc.). It is one reason that I kept with the standard trim on my order. Hope I'm right. Maybe others can chime in.
The same was true for me; the Sport steering wheel was a must have, and then the aluminum's relative dullness didn't go with it for me. My BMW has similar aluminum trim and looks great, but there really aren't any shiny bits for it to clash with in the interior.

Quick Reply: Need Help