Sponsored by:

Driving gloves

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 05:17 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
My favorite driving gloves for non track driving are the military Pilot gloves. The are Nomex and they fit like a .... Well pardon the pun...... a glove. You can get them at military surplus and pilot stores on line.
They come in black, the mil Olive Drab, desert tan and they are long so they fit nicely inside your jacket to keep your wrists warm in really cold weather, But for the money you just cant beat them. We use to BEG Pilots to give us their extra pairs or left over or even worn out.
If they are good enough for a guy to wear to fly a F-22 or God Forbid a F-16, they are GREAT for 911's
http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/sep/8049
Good idea. I have a spare pair in my flight bag. Now if I can just remember where my flight bag is, since my meds caused me to be grounded about 1985.

Gary
Old 12-30-2012, 12:10 AM
SteveFromMN
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by simsgw
What turns on the heat to the steering wheel? I don't remember seeing that in the manual and I'm not sure whether I have the option or not.

Gary
There is a button on back of bottom on wheel. When you press it the dash info says heated wheel on, if you push it again it say heated wheel off. It is something I never thought I needed but I just love it.
Of course I do live in Minnesota. Even though I don't drive my car after we get our first big snow it is still cold before that happens. What ever snow is on my yard now will be on the bottom still in March.
A friend of mine bought a used Caddy and he discovered it had a heated wheel too. Same reaction as me can't live without it now.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:21 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveFromMN
There is a button on back of bottom on wheel. When you press it the dash info says heated wheel on, if you push it again it say heated wheel off. It is something I never thought I needed but I just love it.
Of course I do live in Minnesota. Even though I don't drive my car after we get our first big snow it is still cold before that happens. What ever snow is on my yard now will be on the bottom still in March.
A friend of mine bought a used Caddy and he discovered it had a heated wheel too. Same reaction as me can't live without it now.
Okay, that I haven't got. I'm not sure it would be enough to do without gloves anyway. We're dealing with conditions rare in Duluth where our roadster pretty much lived in the garage and only saw daylight in Summer. Here, we get winter days so bright and 'warm' that we lower the cabriolet's top and turn on the heated seats to make those 'warm' temps tolerable to the human frame. I remember some of my students sunbathing in 'warm' temps like 40F, but they didn't have a 55 mph breeze blowing over their bodies. I'm too old. My hands quit working after a few miles if I don't wear gloves.

Heated steering wheel would have been a nice addition though. Darn.

Gary
Old 12-30-2012, 07:08 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldman40
can't help but think of "OJ" when i see that picture of gloves! seriously though, if i end up driving top down in the winter as much as nicoli35, i'll have to get a pair too...which means i might as well order them up now...
Leather wrapped steering wheel so no need for gloves in my case, but I am wearing an ascot and smoking a Porsche Design pipe. Ha, not really. Not yet and way (say no to the "pipe").

Quick Reply: Driving gloves