Originally Posted by kosmo
Kit on sale for $150, plus an addtional 20% off + free s&h. Not bad:

http://www.autogeek.net/griot-s-gara...arter-kit.html
Very tempting....
Old 12-30-2012, 12:33 PM
shumi_9
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Decided to have a pro remove my swirls...for $300 they will remove all swirls, polish and wax. Swirl removal requires technique which I'd rather not learn by trial and error on my 911. Claying is not required as of yet. If you wash you car yourself with the right products and techniques the car should be swirls free for a long time. Worse swirl creator is the darn dealer when they wash your car after warranty/service work. Mine has gone in for warranty work 4 times in 2 months already.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shumi_9
Worse swirl creator is the darn dealer when they wash your car after warranty/service work.
Tell them not to wash the car.

OP-I just got a OB (not griot) and will be trying this out on the wife's car. What, if any, is the difference between the regular paint and the clear bra? After all the rock chips my 997 has, I am contemplating getting a clear bra on the next car. Cheers.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:47 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 321 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Alstoy

OP-I just got a OB (not griot) and will be trying this out on the wife's car. .
LOL Always a good policy!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:48 PM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 455 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by shumi_9
Decided to have a pro remove my swirls...for $300 they will remove all swirls, polish and wax. Swirl removal requires technique which I'd rather not learn by trial and error on my 911. Claying is not required as of yet. If you wash you car yourself with the right products and techniques the car should be swirls free for a long time. Worse swirl creator is the darn dealer when they wash your car after warranty/service work. Mine has gone in for warranty work 4 times in 2 months already.
I always decline the dealer wash offer. What I don't get is how they employ the least skilled person to perform this task. I happened to speak with the washer and asked if he used one or two rinse buckets. He responded "rinse bucket, what's that?"

I explained and voweled never to allow the dealer to wash my car.

Quick Reply: Griot Orbital buffer