Sponsored by:

A build milestones

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 02:53 AM
Buddhabelly
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A build milestones

Can someone explain the build process milestones once you'd placed an order on a 991?

I placed our order on 10/12 and was told that we're scheduled for a December production build. Well... !!! today I sent the dealer an email asking for a status update... And I as informed that "Your car has completed production"

One part of my is very excited that we're getting our car soon.
Another part is mad that the dealer has not been proactive informing us.

Another part wonder what happened?
Old 12-04-2012, 03:18 AM
DBYT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buddhabelly
Can someone explain the build process milestones once you'd placed an order on a 991?

I placed our order on 10/12 and was told that we're scheduled for a December production build. Well... !!! today I sent the dealer an email asking for a status update... And I as informed that "Your car has completed production"

One part of my is very excited that we're getting our car soon.
Another part is mad that the dealer has not been proactive informing us.

Another part wonder what happened?
In my experience, the dealer has very little access to information about production status etc. While I was waiting for mine, only PCNA had information on what stage the car was at in terms of assembly, interior work or paint etc.

When I ordered mine in early July, I was told by the dealer that it had an early Sept build but it later got moved back 4 weeks due to the glass roof supply issues. The dealer gives you an expected build date when you order. As I had been working with Porsche Exclusive on the build of my car, I had told by my dealer that the PCNA folks had much more access to info on progress than dealer systems did. My PCNA rep kept me informed of when my car was heading to paint, upholstery shop, assembly and completion. She could even tell me which day my car was sent from the factory to the port.

Once the car is at Emden, if you do a search on this forum or 6speed, someone posted a link to a website with all the car shipping schedules. This will allow you to tract the progress of the ship etc.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

-

I'm surprised there's no online build tracking ability for customers.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:52 PM
DBYT
Pro

I would have paid quite a bit for a video of the production of my car and I am sure that I would not be the only customer that would do so.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:12 AM
19_hole
Racer

The build process information updates every night at the factory. The dealer has access to this information, all he needs to do is login to the PCNA order system and the current status of all the dealers in-process cars are shown. Sounds more like your dealer is too lazy to run this report every morning and send updates to customers.

Quick Reply: A build milestones