Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xpel Ultimate Install - ACAP Films, PA (pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Justin N
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This looks fantastic! I am about to have the whole front end done with xpel on my 991- wish I was closer to PA. Does anyone know someone that can do a job this well in the Chicago area?
Old 11-29-2012, 11:48 PM
hami
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my car done in So California, Eddy did a phenominal job! He's been doing my cars for the last decade, hand cut, never template, templates are not very well designed (I think the templates are designed with making it easy to install but not very attractive and miss lots of the key areas of the car). Previously used 3M product, I actually really liked the 3M but Eddy said the XPEL is far better at this time although 3M will eventually catch as they are usually the industry leaders. I am still getting used to it's up keep. Problem may be all my previous cars were grey and my 991 is a black! Black is so much more difficult to keep clean!!! Looks fantastic when it recently washed and waxed.

2013 991S black on black September
2010 E63 AMG light grey interior on grey
2008 M5 black interior on grey
2005 M3 black interior on grey
Old 11-30-2012, 12:31 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by hami
I had my car done in So California, Eddy did a phenominal job! He's been doing my cars for the last decade, hand cut, never template, templates are not very well designed (I think the templates are designed with making it easy to install but not very attractive and miss lots of the key areas of the car). Previously used 3M product, I actually really liked the 3M but Eddy said the XPEL is far better at this time although 3M will eventually catch as they are usually the industry leaders. I am still getting used to it's up keep. Problem may be all my previous cars were grey and my 991 is a black! Black is so much more difficult to keep clean!!! Looks fantastic when it recently washed and waxed.

2013 991S black on black September
2010 E63 AMG light grey interior on grey
2008 M5 black interior on grey
2005 M3 black interior on grey

pm sent

Quick Reply: Xpel Ultimate Install - ACAP Films, PA (pic heavy)