Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Sport Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 11:41 PM
GoTexas
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

There's no HP gain, but the sounds itself is well worth the money. I love it so much I had my Lexus done as well. Yes, I know it's a Lexus, but it's still more fun. Does anyone know how to make the PSE default on instead of off when you turn on the ignition?
Old 11-09-2012, 12:27 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
For those that have done it after the car was delivered (OEM), how long did the dealer take to install? My dealer said 8 hours but has not done a 991 yet...he said a 997 took 8 hours...sounds like a long time but maybe i am nuts!
That is correct for the 997.2. I had PSE installed about 6 weeks after I purchased my 2010 C2S. They billed me for 8 hours but it took them about 10 hours.

When adding PSE to a 997.2, they have to install all of the wiring and run the wires from the engine compartment to the lower dash panel. They also have to install the vacuum hoses, each of which must be cut to a specific length from the single length of hose supplied with the PSE.

I toyed with the idea of installing the PSE myself, but after reading all of the install instructions, I decided I would let the "pros" do it. The actual muffler install is pretty straight forward, but the wiring and hose install looked tedious. I opted to pay $900 for the labor, which was worth it to me to get it done correctly.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Detroit Shooter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mtbscott
IMHO, if you're going to spend that much, I'd go for something aftermarket that might actually gain a little bit of hp for its noise. Pretty sure the factory set up is for aesthetics only.
When I started looking for a Porsche I was looking at used. When I came across one with aftermarket add on's it made me hesitate. I think the factory parts are a better plan because they understand how it effects the fuel system. I also think it is better for resale. I wonder if part of programing it to work involves a change in the fuel management program?
Old 11-09-2012, 10:45 AM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

To the doubters of any gains in hp from an aftermarket exhaust, I partially agree. On a naturally aspirated engine, huge gains just aren't going to happen, but I can believe the 10hp gains or so that are claimed by most of aftermarket manufacturers. One look at the stock double muffler system tells me there's room for a small bit of extra flow. On the other hand, I wouldn't expect anything more than that, and would shy away from a product that claimed more.
I don't think the factory PSM makes any hp claims, it's purely for aural aesthetics, and it does have some driver selectable options for its use. If you think it's worth the cost for the better sound, then go for it.
PS to Detroit Shooter, I too am generally unimpressed with non-OEM mods so I wouldn't do anything to my car that wasn't reversible.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:01 AM
deturney
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on keeping my car "all Porsche", done by the dealer. Here's the tally on my PSE bill for my 991S :

6 hours labor: $750.00
PSE: $2803.98
Switch kit: $198.61
Total: $3553.98

However, I also had an early oil and filter done (2700 miles), and I was given a discount of $335.50 on parts and labor on the entire work order. They even gave my car a minor detailing and cleaned the inside of my wheels which were pretty dirty at the time=no charge

And I do like the PSE very much
Old 03-09-2022, 04:01 PM
grant6398
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, has anybody had PSE installed at a Southern California Dealer? If so, which one? Thank you!

Last edited by grant6398; 03-09-2022 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:20 PM
xford
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by grant6398
Hello, has anybody had PSE installed at a Southern California Dealer? If so, which one? Thank you!
I used GMG Racing in Santa Ana back in late 2018. Great shop and I believe it cost me around $800.
The following users liked this post:
gmgracing (03-10-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 12:03 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by grant6398
Feel free to send us an email or give us a call! We’ve installed plenty!

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series

Quick Reply: Adding Sport Exhaust