Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennline's New Fully Adjustable Billet License Plate Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 02:52 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts

All pics on rennline.com are close ups...wonder why isn't there a full car pic with plate on? Does it look ugly??
Old 01-18-2013, 12:05 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone have a picture of a car with the Sport Design front bumper with a license plate mounted. Our police in BC are extremely vigilant about this and the fines would get out of hand. One Ferrari driver actually got two of these tickets in one morning!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:23 PM
trysixty
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fester
All pics on rennline.com are close ups...wonder why isn't there a full car pic with plate on? Does it look ugly??
mine isnt rennline, but heres a picture

Old 01-18-2013, 04:29 PM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John 996 TT Cab
Does anyone have a picture of a car with the Sport Design front bumper with a license plate mounted. Our police in BC are extremely vigilant about this and the fines would get out of hand. One Ferrari driver actually got two of these tickets in one morning!
Clarify this -- police in the lower mainland are loony those on the Island couldn't care less. I've had illegal set-up on my bike for years and had many RCMP look at my bikes without any issues!! I also see Porsche's on the Island driving without front plates regularly!!

That said I like that plate set-up and I can't in my wildest imagination see any officer having any issue with this at all - no different than a Mitsubishi EVO set-up!!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:12 PM
carrerapete
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can leave the "tow-hook" plate holder in the trunk. If you get stopped, simply say: "Oops, I was just going/coming from a charity car show and I forgot to put the plate back on. I can do it now if you'd like."

This has never failed with any of my friends in the NY area. Worst case scenario; you see the same cop quite often, so you leave the plate on whenever you're in his/her area.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:03 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Errrr.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:38 PM
TTCarrera
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 991Dreamer
Wow. Ya'll really put a front plate on your car? I know it's the law in many states (as it is here in CA) but I guess I'm in the minority of just accepting the ticket if I get cited for it? IMHO, the car looks much better without it.
The City of Portland now requires their Meter Maids to write $60 tickets to cars not having front license plates. I got one with my 911 and one with my X6M. My wife got one with her BMW M6.

With most cities dramatically underfunded and searching for revenue, I am sure this is or will soon be common throughout the country. But here, given that we also risk Fix-it Tickets from the Police, I gave in and now mount a front plate on all my cars.

Once you make that decision, however, in my opinion the factory-designed, centered plate holder is a much less ugly option than the tow hook plate, mounted off-center.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:47 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Any jurisdictions that tow for it? Read somewhere that in the DC metro (VA, DC, MD) area they do, but I do not know if that is true. You know how Internet rumors are.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:52 PM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by holminator
Any jurisdictions that tow for it? Read somewhere that in the DC metro (VA, DC, MD) area they do, but I do not know if that is true. You know how Internet rumors are.
That'll be ridiculous. I don't think this holds any truth...
Old 01-19-2013, 07:24 PM
996C2Cabriolet
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In some parts of Long Island NY, meter maids and local police constantly ticket Porsches & Ferraris without a front place. I got pulled over and ticketed three times in 5 days for no front place & gave in to drilling the front plate mount for my 997. Don't know what to do on 991 once the temp tag expires. Will probably get a tow hook mount this time around...

Quick Reply: Rennline's New Fully Adjustable Billet License Plate Bracket