Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FINALLY...My 4S config...order placement this week BUT..

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 07:05 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Nicoli- that is a seriously good looking interior!!! Where did you get the plastic visor covers?
Old 09-12-2012, 07:14 PM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great build. I'm yet another that says get ventilated seats.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Nicoli- that is a seriously good looking interior!!! Where did you get the plastic visor covers?
Gosh thanks, as far as I know, it's just the factory standard interior for the espresso natural leather option.

p.s. ventilated seats are really nice. Even just driving in the rain last night, top-up, had them on low and was in such comfort could not believe it.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:15 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts

Cheers on such a great feedback! This is extremely helpful.

Originally Posted by keithos27
Your dials are black except the tach which is in grey, correct? I think the white sports chronic will clash...

Also, why rear view mirror in leather but not sun visors or steering wheel column?

Finally, I'd choose Sports Design steering wheel over multifunction (personal taste)... Looks sportier and cleaner.

Just my two cents.

Did you consider the Sport Technos painted black instead? They are half black and half silver and may look sweet on your GT Silver with the black plastic pieces on the car.
Removed rear view mirror leather
Added Steering wheel column leather
Sport technos painted black are Expensive!! Gotta go with something else

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Great package. All personal choice and I suggest doing what makes to grin. I would add ventilated seats - never had them before and would always have them in the future.

and delete the white face for the sport chrono and seriously consider the sport techno wheels, which are a bit wider with wider tires in the rear. The picture shown has them with the alum window trim and sure looks sweet.
I actually had ventilated seats in Premium Package Plus with Adaptive Sport Seats Plus...not sure why it didn't show up!!

Originally Posted by duxsi
The ventilated seats are simply divine for longer drives.
The standard Black window trim would certainly enhance the lines of the car.
The aluminum trim tends to look better on dark colours.. Just my humble opinion.
Yep, couldn't agree more, got ventilated seats!
Aluminum trim removed!

Originally Posted by Z356
The first question I have for you will be if you know the color of the rear view mirror if you don't order it in leather? If it's standard 'black' plastic, then you should consider it if you want a coordinated look above the dash.

The sunvisors in your 991 should come in colored vinyl 'Espresso' and the 'A' pillars should be in 'Espresso' colored Alcantara. Color coordination to match these two elements is the only reason to go with this expensive option leather covered mirror option! I have this option on my '12 Spyder in 'Carrera Red'. The leather is very thin & smooth, tightly covering the rear view mirror so efficiently that many would think it's painted on! I love the look personally! If I had not order this option, my rear view mirror would have been done in 'Black' textured plastic!

Good luck with your order!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Thanks Eduardo. I looked at Espresso interior car over the weekend and verify everything you said is correct. I've decided to forego the leather mirror but am seriously considering steering column in leather!

Originally Posted by wanderingwheelz
I'm puzzled why anyone would spend 5 grand on a soundsytem for a car that engineeers spent countless hours making the engine sound so intoxicating? I hardly ever turn my stereo on while I'm driving, and I admit the Bose set-up sounds pretty damn good. When I'm cleaning the car in the garage with the engine turned off, that's another story.

Turn the radio off and keep the tach over 3000 RPM! Now that's the sound you're paying for right there.... Included in the window sticker price, no less.
I agree with you but this is one of my preferred options being an audiofile.. can't let it go!!

Originally Posted by shizzle
Fantastic build! I would recommend adding the powerkit if you can.
Naa... I think it's not practical in non-track everyday driving...you've gotta rev engine high to make use of it...not worth spending the money IMHO...

Originally Posted by Galion
Thats a fantastic build.
Wheels in platinum look great, but imo they wouldnt go with the chrome trim surround, you need some shine in your wheels to match. dark wheels = Dark trim.
Sport chrono in white is a nice touch, just stay away from red or yellow, including colored seat belts, they belong in a GT3.
Silver is my fav when it comes to exterior colors, IMO Platinum Silver matches an expresso interior just perfect, look at the video posted above.
GT silver is not as warm as PS, it has a slight blue hint and it would match a black/gray/red/blue interior better.
Agreed... but IMO contrast works and for some reason GT Silver with Espresso does work better..again..IMO...

Originally Posted by Rocket_boy
Nice build, my .02...

Dump the chrono face in white, won't look good.
I don't like the Platinum wheels on a silver car,...and not with Al window trim. Leave them silver.

Add steering column in leather, this I would take over the mirror any day. Getting into the car your eyes will see this first, not the mirror. Both would be fine of course, but the mirror is pretty $$$ for what you get.

Adding fuse box covers in leather would be nice, they should be black plastic otherwise.

Add silver seat belts,....these look great with Espresso and tie in the exterior. Trust me on this one!

Good luck with it!
Great feedback... I actually followed it almost entirely...getting everything you said (silver belts too!) other than the fusebox cover...not sure if it's really worth spending extra $380??

Originally Posted by Nicoli35
I get a lot of compliments on the espresso natural leather interior, I think you'll love it. It looks, feels and smells really nice. Your car will be fabulous

P.S. enclosing pics of a black-dial Sports Chrono against the espresso interior if that will help..also a shot of the plastic covers on the espresso sunvisor mirrors. I wish mine were leather, that would be so awesome. Plus I'm glad I at least have the Bose audio, but mostly listen to the PSE instead unless I'm cruising in 7th gear on the highway.
Agreed. Thanks for posting.This is helpful!

Originally Posted by Keadog
I would delete the sport chrono dial in white and do seat belts Guards Red or, better yet, get PCCB and have the seat belts Racing Yellow.
Sounds beautiful all in all.
PCCB is so freakin expensive..besides I won't take it to track (perhaps once or twice)....but I do agree about the combo though!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:53 AM
keithos27
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you still getting the dial in white?

Which wheels are you getting?
Old 09-14-2012, 03:46 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by keithos27
Are you still getting the dial in white?

Which wheels are you getting?
Nope, going standard dials
Yes, getting platinum wheels!

Here's my latest config:
http://www.porsche.com/microsite/por...e/?c=/PDA9AE52

Old 09-14-2012, 10:56 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by fester
Nope, going standard dials
Yes, getting platinum wheels!

Here's my latest config:
http://www.porsche.com/microsite/por...e/?c=/PDA9AE52

Great build
Old 09-14-2012, 03:12 PM
keithos27
Racer

Nice! I'd still go for Sport Technos, but that's me.

Here's a pic I snapped up of the platinum wheels... they're pretty!
Attached Images  
Old 09-14-2012, 03:12 PM
keithos27
Racer

PS. You're like me.. I speced out a C2S with $50K worth of options, lol!
Old 09-15-2012, 01:58 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

I DID IT TODAY!!

Placed the freakin order!!

My final config:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PDQSVUR3

Detail:

911 Carrera 4S
Individual equipment
Burmester® Audio Package
Premium Package Plus with Adaptive Sport Seats Plus
GT Silver Metallic
Espresso natural leather interior Window trim in high gloss Aluminum
ParkAssist (front and rear)
Electric sunroof
Electric folding exterior mirrors
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) with PASM sport suspension
Sport Exhaust System
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Sport Chrono Package
20-inch Carrera Classic wheel
Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
Smoking package
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
Seat belts in Silver Grey
Multi-function steering wheel
Natural leather interior
Steering column casing in leather
Porsche Crest on headrests
Voice Control

Some snapshots of the config attached... These don't do justice to magnificent GT Silver but what the heck...this is closest to it!

Will keep the forum posted on the progress, as I get it!!!!!

Cheers!

Last edited by fester; 03-14-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:12 AM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow looking amazing. Congrats and looking forward to seeing more
Old 09-15-2012, 02:29 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nicoli35
wow looking amazing. Congrats and looking forward to seeing more
Thanks Nicoli! I'm excited. Target delivery date by end of Dec/beginning Jan!
Old 09-15-2012, 01:38 PM
keithos27
Racer

Congrats!!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 02:52 PM
David in Talent
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your spec looks STUNNING ! What was behind your decision to go for GT Silver instead of Platinum ? I would have thought that Expresso interior would go best with Platinum due to the subtle brownish tint of Platinum.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:02 PM
fester
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by David in Talent
Your spec looks STUNNING ! What was behind your decision to go for GT Silver instead of Platinum ? I would have thought that Expresso interior would go best with Platinum due to the subtle brownish tint of Platinum.
Cleaner look of GT Silver along with espresso provides a nice contrast besides Carrera GT had this combo too

Quick Reply: FINALLY...My 4S config...order placement this week BUT..