Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FINALLY...My 4S config...order placement this week BUT..

Old 09-10-2012, 03:39 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts
Thumbs up FINALLY...My 4S config...order placement this week BUT..

After countless sleepless nights and a LOT of thinking/discussions etc etc... it has finally come down to the following config for my First Ever Porsche! I wanted this to be timeless as I plan to keep this baby for a very long time!!

Burmester® Audio Package $5,010
Premium Package Plus with Adaptive $6,155 Sport Seats Plus
GT Silver Metallic $3,140
Espresso natural leather interior $4,840
Window trim in high gloss Aluminum $395
ParkAssist (front and rear) $990
Electric sunroof $1,490
Electric folding exterior mirrors $320
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control $4,050 (PDCC) with PASM sport suspension
Sport Exhaust System $2,950
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) $4,080
Sport Chrono Package $2,370
20-inch Carrera S wheel $0 Wheels painted Platinum (semi-gloss) $950 (Exclusive)
Smoking package $0
Sport Chrono clock dial in Carrara White $500 (Exclusive)
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) $0
Multi-function steering wheel $615
Natural leather interior $0
Rear-view mirror in leather (Exclusive) $675
Porsche Crest on headrests (Exclusive) $285
Voice Control $595
Destination Charge $950
Total $145,990

I'm negotiating a deal for the car that's building up quick order backlog, it's a bit challenging, but I'm working on it. Plan to close the deal with the deposit this week before I'm off to another long biz trip

I'm seeking venerable fellow members' opinion on a few config items:

1.Would Espresso interior + Carrera S Platinum painted Semi-Gloss wheels go with each other?

2. Would Carrera S Platinum painted Semi-Gloss wheels + Window trim in high gloss Aluminum go with each other?

3. How about Rear View Mirror in leather? I have not seen a car with this option yet, I expect this to look very nice especially in Espresso leather?

4. Thoughts on the Sport Chrono clock dial in Carrara White? I could save $500 without it, but it kinda look nice and goes with the rev counter!

Hopefully I get your thoughts on the above items before locking and forgetting (yeah right!) about it until it shows up in early Jan! My dealer says, I'll be the first one for them ..
Old 09-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,006 Likes on 603 Posts

I would delete the sport chrono dial in white and do seat belts Guards Red or, better yet, get PCCB and have the seat belts Racing Yellow.
Sounds beautiful all in all.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:05 AM
keithos27
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Your dials are black except the tach which is in grey, correct? I think the white sports chronic will clash...

Also, why rear view mirror in leather but not sun visors or steering wheel column?

Finally, I'd choose Sports Design steering wheel over multifunction (personal taste)... Looks sportier and cleaner.

Just my two cents.

Did you consider the Sport Technos painted black instead? They are half black and half silver and may look sweet on your GT Silver with the black plastic pieces on the car.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:09 AM
keithos27
Racer

This is what it looks like...
Old 09-10-2012, 10:46 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 308 Likes on 183 Posts

Great package. All personal choice and I suggest doing what makes to grin. I would add ventilated seats - never had them before and would always have them in the future.

and delete the white face for the sport chrono and seriously consider the sport techno wheels, which are a bit wider with wider tires in the rear. The picture shown has them with the alum window trim and sure looks sweet.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:12 AM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 113 Posts

The ventilated seats are simply divine for longer drives.
The standard Black window trim would certainly enhance the lines of the car.
The aluminum trim tends to look better on dark colours.. Just my humble opinion.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Leather covered rear view mirror!

Originally Posted by fester
3. How about Rear View Mirror in leather? I have not seen a car with this option yet, I expect this to look very nice especially in Espresso leather?
The first question I have for you will be if you know the color of the rear view mirror if you don't order it in leather? If it's standard 'black' plastic, then you should consider it if you want a coordinated look above the dash.

The sunvisors in your 991 should come in colored vinyl 'Espresso' and the 'A' pillars should be in 'Espresso' colored Alcantara. Color coordination to match these two elements is the only reason to go with this expensive option leather covered mirror option! I have this option on my '12 Spyder in 'Carrera Red'. The leather is very thin & smooth, tightly covering the rear view mirror so efficiently that many would think it's painted on! I love the look personally! If I had not order this option, my rear view mirror would have been done in 'Black' textured plastic!

Good luck with your order!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images  

Last edited by Z356; 09-10-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:24 PM
keithos27
Racer

Agree on ventilated seats... Get em!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:44 PM
wanderingwheelz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm puzzled why anyone would spend 5 grand on a soundsytem for a car that engineeers spent countless hours making the engine sound so intoxicating? I hardly ever turn my stereo on while I'm driving, and I admit the Bose set-up sounds pretty damn good. When I'm cleaning the car in the garage with the engine turned off, that's another story.

Turn the radio off and keep the tach over 3000 RPM! Now that's the sound you're paying for right there.... Included in the window sticker price, no less.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:48 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Fantastic build! I would recommend adding the powerkit if you can.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Thats a fantastic build.
Wheels in platinum look great, but imo they wouldnt go with the chrome trim surround, you need some shine in your wheels to match. dark wheels = Dark trim.
Sport chrono in white is a nice touch, just stay away from red or yellow, including colored seat belts, they belong in a GT3.
Silver is my fav when it comes to exterior colors, IMO Platinum Silver matches an expresso interior just perfect, look at the video posted above.
GT silver is not as warm as PS, it has a slight blue hint and it would match a black/gray/red/blue interior better.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:08 PM
aelia
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great build! It's the color combo I would go for with the addition of deviated stitching to finish it off. But that is my personal preference. Good luck and happy travels.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 216 Posts

Nice build, my .02...

Dump the chrono face in white, won't look good.
I don't like the Platinum wheels on a silver car,...and not with Al window trim. Leave them silver.

Add steering column in leather, this I would take over the mirror any day. Getting into the car your eyes will see this first, not the mirror. Both would be fine of course, but the mirror is pretty $$$ for what you get.

Adding fuse box covers in leather would be nice, they should be black plastic otherwise.

Add silver seat belts,....these look great with Espresso and tie in the exterior. Trust me on this one!

Good luck with it!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:32 PM
cmb13
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds awesome but $145k! Whoa! Turbo territory.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I get a lot of compliments on the espresso natural leather interior, I think you'll love it. It looks, feels and smells really nice. Your car will be fabulous

P.S. enclosing pics of a black-dial Sports Chrono against the espresso interior if that will help..also a shot of the plastic covers on the espresso sunvisor mirrors. I wish mine were leather, that would be so awesome. Plus I'm glad I at least have the Bose audio, but mostly listen to the PSE instead unless I'm cruising in 7th gear on the highway.
Attached Images   

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FINALLY...My 4S config...order placement this week BUT..