Sponsored by:

Frustrated Over Production Delay

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 09:45 PM
dochusar
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Frustrated Over Production Delay

My 991 Carerra S was supposed to be a June build but was initially delayed to a 8/22 build date and then a 9/22 completion date. Now if everything goes right, I should get the car in late October.

2013 Carerra S
White/Full Black Leather
Platinum Wheels
Premium Package - PDLS, 14 way seats
Heated and Ventilated Seats
Electric Folding Mirrors
Dimming Mirrors
SportDesign Package - Sport front bumper and duckbill
Glass Sunroof
Sport Chrono
PDK
Sport Exhaust
Bose Package
HD Radio
Satellite Radio
6 CD changer
Crests in headrest
Old 09-01-2012, 11:45 PM
TSpyder
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

As someone else pointed out in another thread, the glass s/r is likely to blame for the delay. A friend wants to order a 2013 with this option, but our dealer can't take the order and get a build date. I'm feeling mighty lucky that my ED 991 C2S with glass s/r was built the first week of 2013 production. It was redelivered last week--loving the ride--so I may have a nearly unique car for a few months.

Spyder
Old 09-02-2012, 01:29 AM
peewee72
Intermediate

You will not regret getting the glass s/r; it is a joy and really am loving it. My dealer is telling me that mine is the first one to be delivered in HK and will remain so for a few more months until they can clear the backlog.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:13 AM
airwave
Intermediate

...even swiss and german car configurators have now blocked he option to order the glass roof, i wonder if I will get mine delivered in week 39.....
Old 09-02-2012, 02:44 PM
TSpyder
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by peewee72
You will not regret getting the glass s/r; it is a joy and really am loving it. My dealer is telling me that mine is the first one to be delivered in HK and will remain so for a few more months until they can clear the backlog.
After driving over 2k mi in Europe following Z delivery, certainly no regrets. In my case, I'd have missed the glass roof since I'm coming off of a 650 coupe as a DD.

Spyder
Old 09-02-2012, 03:57 PM
hepmonk
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, the glass roof is wonderful. You see the top of trees when you're driving in a forest and you see the top of skyscrapers when you're driving in a city. The button-operated sunshade is perfect even in 100+ F SoCal weather. When you want to feel the wind, open up the glass sunroof, roll down your windows. When you're in the rain in the PNW and everything around you is gray, any increase in light is a godsend - the top glass makes a huge difference. I have the black top with a light body color (racing yellow) like you and it looks really nice, in my opinion. Anyway, all this to say: hang in there, the glass roof is totally worth it.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:37 AM
peewee72
Intermediate

In total agreement with hepmonk; it is wonderful.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:49 AM
uhn2000
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I really wanted the C4S but as luck would have dealer is saying I might have to wait till possibly April to get it if they re-add the glass roof feature so I passed for now and ordered something else to hold me over - maybe MY 2014 they will have this sorted.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

I hope to god you price shopped, because paul miller may be the most expensive dealer in the world.

hate hate HATE that place.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:16 PM
spourreza
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
I hope to god you price shopped, because paul miller may be the most expensive dealer in the world.

hate hate HATE that place.
Interesting. I got all my cars there. Bad experience? I always thought Paul Miller was fair but not cheap.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:33 AM
dochusar
Advanced

I agree, Paul Miller with Paul Gavel as the general sales manager has been very fair in my dealings with the dealership, and have bought five Porsches in the last three plus years.. Its a plus that your dealership is so close to my home and office.

I have not had such a positive relation with the Audi dealership and have gotten all my Audis from Audi of Mendham/Bernardsville.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Jim 'n' SC
Racer

I think I heard they close the plant in August for vacation. That might be some of the delay.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:38 PM
porsche518
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim 'n' SC
I think I heard they close the plant in August for vacation. That might be some of the delay.
I got the same excuse when my complete date went from 9/17 to 9/25.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Formula1Fan
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello, I have a similar problem because of the glass sunroof. I ordered in late May and initially had a July build which became August, and then September. My car was scheduled to be completed 9/28 but my dealer says my status has not changed. The good news is it hasn't been delayed again (so far) but I still don't have any idea when it will be built. My question is, for those of you who had delays and then a September build date, has your car been completed?
Thanks.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:28 PM
airwave
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Formula1Fan
Hello, I have a similar problem because of the glass sunroof. I ordered in late May and initially had a July build which became August, and then September. My car was scheduled to be completed 9/28 but my dealer says my status has not changed. The good news is it hasn't been delayed again (so far) but I still don't have any idea when it will be built. My question is, for those of you who had delays and then a September build date, has your car been completed?
Thanks.
As i received another painful delay on the glass roof of another few weeks, i cancelled my C2S order and made it to become the C4S they announced Jan 13 for production incl. the glass roof (PC confirmed now)

After several interventions and complaints they changed delivery date BACK (!) to week39 from 44, too late i already decided by then to change to the awd!

that said i guess 4u the delivery date can be hold good luck !

Quick Reply: Frustrated Over Production Delay