LewisB
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Expreso and beige
Old 08-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Llarry
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I appreciate what you are after here. I agree that Espresso might give you some better contrast. And perhaps even an Espresso natural leather interior with Luxor Beige seat inserts or other deviating leather touches -- lower dash? armrests/storage lid? Etc. Unfortunately, you can't see those on the configurator.

I'm also not sure how well the Brown top and Espresso leather mesh in real life -- haven't seen that one.

The other thing is that the wood trim might not pop as much in an Espresso interior. That could be a minus or a plus...
Old 08-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

I actually like the interior combination for an understated and luxurious 911 look but I would complement it with a Black exterior/top and PDK transmission.
IMO, Lime gold is the least atractive color in the Porsche pallete, but if you like it, I would follow the advise given here to match it with a dark interior and top.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:33 PM
ray991
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for your candid feedback and valuable inputs, which is eactly what I needed.
Like I said, I havent made my mind up yet... red with beige interior and black top is also a top contender. Anthracite brown is also a viable suggestion, just trying to avoid a dark interior and looking for a slightly unusual colour (silver, white, black & greys are all over the place and I just cant see myself in them). As for wood, if it's just glued on top sort of thing then I surely dont want it, specially on a cabrio (with the elements & alll).
If practicality was not the order of the day I'd personally just go for the yellow & black combo... what say? but it's too dark inside for the heat and too bright on the outside to make sense

As for the manual transmission, it's more a pleasure thing than an element of performance or sports. I know a pdk would be much faster and more efficient at the same time but I am just an old git who simply enjoys the act of manually shifting with a clutch & all. No offence to pdk users, as it is certainly an overall better choice (just not for me).
Attached Images   
Old 08-20-2012, 04:51 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

agate grey/pebble grey would work well with yellow and black roof
Old 08-20-2012, 04:52 PM
cmb13
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I like the first one. My brother has a gold colored 996 (not sure of the exact name) with red interior and it looks great. I too don't love wood on the interior, but with the colors you have chosen, I think it looks good.

+1 on the MT
Old 08-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

^^Wow, I love it!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:55 PM
ray991
Track Day

While the combo opinions are understandable, I am actually surprised to see not many fans of the lime gold color itself here... would have thought this colour would hark back to the early 70s, one of my favourites among my matchbox collection was a limegold 911 classic... a similar color was there on the 964s found pics of both online. Dont tell me they dont look gorgeous
Attached Images   
Old 08-20-2012, 05:17 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ray991
Thank you all for your candid feedback and valuable inputs, which is eactly what I needed.

If practicality was not the order of the day I'd personally just go for the yellow & black combo... what say? but it's too dark inside for the heat and too bright on the outside to make sense

As for the manual transmission, it's more a pleasure thing than an element of performance or sports.
I live in Dubai and just getting through the summer with an all black interior, it doesn't bother me and I find it practical. It's in excess of 120 F everyday with high humidity. Will get black interior in my next car too, with contrasting deviated stitching.

As far as MT, get it while you still can. It is no longer available in Ferrari with it being eliminated in the latest California. I can't see porsche offering it much more than a few years more.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:48 PM
ray991
Track Day

Originally Posted by aamersa
I live in Dubai and just getting through the summer with an all black interior, it doesn't bother me and I find it practical. It's in excess of 120 F everyday with high humidity. Will get black interior in my next car too, with contrasting deviated stitching.

As far as MT, get it while you still can. It is no longer available in Ferrari with it being eliminated in the latest California. I can't see porsche offering it much more than a few years more.
Small world... I'm in Dubai myself and in my first hand experience black interior makes it substantially worse (specially when parked in the midday sun for a while). Even the ventilated seats take longer to cool. The more I think, the more I tend to lean towards the red beige black combination.
Agree on the MT, most of my cars here have been manuals, and I wouldnt miss the worlds first 7 speed MT in the car of my dreams for the world. Too bad they will be history soon, but I do believe Porsche will continue to offer them at least for the forseeable near future.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:55 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ray991
Small world... I'm in Dubai myself and in my first hand experience black interior makes it substantially worse (specially when parked in the midday sun for a while). Even the ventilated seats take longer to cool. The more I think, the more I tend to lean towards the red beige black combination.
Agree on the MT, most of my cars here have been manuals, and I wouldnt miss the worlds first 7 speed MT in the car of my dreams for the world. Too bad they will be history soon, but I do believe Porsche will continue to offer them at least for the forseeable near future.
Yeah, a small world. In dubai window tinting is a necessity and I cover the front windscreen with sun shade visors when parked in sun, that does the trick during the hottest 2-3months period.
The red/biege combo is a classic one. Nothing wrong with it, but beware of the glare issue that has been reported by a few with beige interior. I have a beige interior BMW and it really does no better than the black during peak heat.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:27 PM
os993
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 261 Posts

WOW for the yellow/black combo. That is beautiful!!

As for the wood trim fitment, it would be interesting to hear from someone who knows more about this in terms of how it is installed. Is it glued or is it more properly integrated within the interior design construction?

I personally love black interior, but I live in California and while it gets plenty hot, I gladly accept any temp delta going black vs some lighter colored interior. Again, a very personal choice.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:09 PM
frayed
Race Car

Yikes.

Espresso interior with deviated black carpet would look good. Contrast is your friend.

Yellow black? Here's how I did mine.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...quick-pic.html
Old 08-20-2012, 09:16 PM
frayed
Race Car

Whoops meant black interior, deviated espresso leather. NOT a fan of monotone Porsche interiors other than black b/c the vinyl and various grades of plastic never match properly, and never age together to keep the color consistent.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:35 PM
skinzy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a friend who never picks a color for his house without consulting an interior designer. He knows he has bad taste for color and its ok. He's very good at so many other things. By the way I love the yellow black combo!

Quick Reply: Feedback on interior exterior color combo please