Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Z356
Eduardo

thank you very much

Last edited by 694; 07-08-2015 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:36 AM
Mike981S
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
For those looking at these two colours, here are some shots when Mike "981GT4" from Seattle came for a visit. Thanks Mike!

https://flic.kr/s/aHskfycrYs
Thanks Henry! I am still 981S until my GT4 arrives (Oct build slot that may move back now due to PTS).

And thanks for taking the time to meet me on such short notice! You got an awesome car!

Originally Posted by Z356
Everyone of you have to see these great shots of these two cars....

Congratulations to both for bringing them to us!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
You are welcome Eduardo! I hope next time you stop by I will have the GT4. It would be awesome to compare it to your green GT3 .
Old 07-10-2015, 02:29 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default 'Miami Blue' is the new 'Special Color'...

Apparently a new 'Special Color' at Porsche. Initially scheduled for the 991 gt3 RS, but perhaps later it might be offered on the regular 991/981 models! Taken from PTS Reference thread:

My sources in Europe are reporting to me via email. Supposedly the new Porsche 'Miami Blue' is closer to an older VW color called 'Taubenblau', which has been also called 'Dove Blue'. My source is telling me that the "best way to describe the colour would be blue with a lot of grey!"

Googles comes up with a few VW examples (VW color L31)... take your pick! At least it gives you an idea of the possible new color Porsche has in mind for us!

Also, on the question of these three additional colors for the 991 gt3 RS, Porsche will categorize 'Black', 'Racing Yellow' & 'Miami Blue' as 'Special Color' (Sonderfarben) and limit the cost of them to the normal US $3,140. So these are not going to be considered PTS nor will they be priced accordingly at US$5500!

Finally, our source reports that "the PTS building dates will go on into spring and to the end of production sheduled to April May 2016. At the moment Ultraviolet is only planed until November 2015 built."

I thank our European friend for that 'news flash'!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-11-2015, 02:55 AM
Mike981S
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 92 Posts

Racing Yellow becomes a special cost color?!!!!
Old 07-11-2015, 03:40 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mike981S
Racing Yellow becomes a special cost color?!!!!
On the .1 991 gt3 RS only. But it gets worse, some have been told PAG will charge $5500 for it (like it was PTS) rather than the $3140 they normally charge for 'Special Color' or (Sonderfarben). I have asked 'Porsche Exclusive' US to clarify and hopefully they will tell us early next week.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-13-2015, 09:19 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Re-post from the 981 thread since it could be of interest to some here!

Originally Posted by Porsche-Jeck
Regarding Lichtgrün: spotted a 991 Coupe in this colour today in a P-showroom and I think this stunning paint will fit a GT4 perfectly Strange enough my IPhone camera was not able at all to "catch" the colour

I also was astonished to spot a Lava Orange 991 GTS in the showroom (thought this colour would be exclusive to the GT3 RS for a while...)
I don't know...I think your camera gave us a fairly accurate representation. Why did you decided not to post that photo here on Rennlist? I liked it!

I'll be in your general area of the Rhineland at Traben-Trarbach on July 21 & 22, 2015 (next week!). What is the name & location of that Porsche Zentrum so I can visit & see them in person? Thanks.

Re Miami Blue: Miami Blau was a VW/AUDI colour in the seventies - L51C.
I should have (hopefully) a photo of the color Porsche calls 'Miami Blue' today or tomorrow.

Loess paint sample of 'Miami Blue' (M5C)

1957/1959 Porsche 356A 'Aquamarine' / Porsche color code 5707. Ian brought up the similarity in the 981 'Custom Ordering' thread:

I think its important to note that a customer requested 'Aquamarine' as a PTS color, PAG did a feasibility study on it & approved it...
for the Panamera, but rejected it for the 991/981. Why???

Do you remember when not that long ago Rennlister djcxxx actually requested 'Blutorange/Tangerine' from 'Porsche Exclusive',
a feasibility study was done on it and it was similarly rejected?

Well, PAG changed the formula by a few shades & introduced it as 'Lava Orange' on the 991 gt3 RS! I think we have the making
of a similar phenomenon here with 'Miami Blue'. It might be the vintage/historic 356 'Aquamarine', but up/down a few shades!

Some still believe that Porsche's new 'Miami Blue' is closer to is the lighter/bluer L51C from the 74-78 VW's than the Grey-Blue ''Taubenblau'
based on internal dealer emails they have been privy to. I have been promised by a high-up at 'Porsche Exclusive' that they will try to send
me photo of actual color as soon as they (PCNA!) get it in Atlanta. That hopefully will on Monday! So we might put an end to the speculation
pretty soon and have confirmed information on what 'Miami Blue' truly will look like! We will keep everyone posted!

Anyway, I very much appreciate your excellent work regarding the Porsche colour palette, Eduardo Great stuff!
Thank you!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-13-2015, 10:01 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 'Also sprach Zarathustra', Nietzsche & PTS...

As promised by Barbara Boeckenhoff (Manager, Porsche Exclusive - Personal Design PCNA), today I received the following information from Melissa Witek, whom we all have to thank for her dedicated service to customers on issues of PTS & 'Exclusive' options. I also want to thank Ms. Barbara Boeckenhoff for her assistance in these matters and arranging for my visit with 'Porsche Exclusive' in Germany.

I have decided not to attempt any analysis of it, but reported just as I received it. Like Nietzsche, I am trying to be philosophical about it!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS I depart tomorrow for Germany and have a tour of the factory on Thursday July 16th and a luncheon & afternoon session with 'Porsche Exclusive' executives on a Friday July 17th. I will report on those at a later date. I am also trying to arrange for a tour of the Porsche Leipzig production facility on Monday, July 27th.

To make it easier to read, my questions to 'Porsche Exclusive' are in 'red'. Melissa's responses are in 'blue'.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:11 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Lichtgrün...

Posted on the 981 Custom Ordering thread:

Hehe, good one :-) Easy answer: I thought the predominantly US audience here on RL would still have a good rest dreaming of their next Porsche at this hour of the day (especially in Carmel) :-) Actually the colour "re-appeared" this morning only when I transferred the jpg files from my IPhone to the PC. On my IPhone the Lichtgrün colour still looks like a darker shade of white Very mysterious, almost Vodoo-ish, but no, that's another thread....

Here's the address of the PZ where I took the pics:

http://www.porsche-bensberg.de/de/

Actually it's closer to Cologne and approximately 200 km from Traben-Trarbach. BTW from Traben-Trarbach it's only a hop to the 'Ring :-)

Good thing in the Rhein/Ruhr area is the density of Porsche Centers: within 30 minutes I can reach eight of them, within 45 minutes another four or so...

Let me know if I can help with any kind of information for your trip.

And here's your bonus pic of the Lichtgrün 991
Thanks for the information...I'll be in touch with you via PM & email!

Edited to ask one more question: Is that rear deck louvres done in deviated color satin 'Black'?

That must be a special request to 'Porsche Exclusive' via their 'CXX' option:

Or painted aftermarket. It is a used car after all with 8K+ miles on the odometer!

I wish this 991S was for sale in the US or Canada!

http://www.porsche-bensberg.de/de/ge...17&page=2&#car

'Porsche-Jeck': If you can answer on 991 thread (here) so that it reaches a more interested audience it would be appreciated!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...nd-you-57.html

Danke!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 07-14-2015, 03:01 PM
Puf n Stuf
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's a photo of Miami courtesy of ISUK posted on PistonHeads.
Miami in the middle with Maritime, Riviera, Voodoo, Mexico and Viper. Taken at the factory.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:56 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Eduardo...I do not see the questions and answers from Mellisa....
Old 07-15-2015, 10:55 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Puf n Stuf
Here's a photo of Miami courtesy of ISUK posted on PistonHeads.
Puf: That is 'Blueflame's photo that he posted in Rennteam in Europe and was picked up by ISUK in England without attribution. That is why it's always better always to name source of original content to minimize confusion (I take it ISUK didn't do that this time?). By the way, ISUK is nice guy who has had in past many interesting PTS Porsches. He has from time to time also posted here on Rennlist directly.

Originally Posted by Werks 1
Eduardo...I do not see the questions and answers from Mellisa....
It most be your mobile device or something not picking up the photo I included of the email for 'clarity'. So here is just a direct cut & past. Hope you can read it with no problem:

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 12:08 PM, Melissa Witek <> wrote:
Hello Eduardo,
I hope all is well. Please allow me to jump in and assist with your below questions:

1) Has the PTS window now closed (effective as of July 6th)? PTS is closed for certain models.

2) Does it impact both 991 gt3 RS and regular 991/981 models? Or just 991 gt3 RS? PTS is closed for 911's and regular Boxsters from July 3 on. PTS is closed for the GT3 RS from July 6 on.

3) I assume there are gt3 RS customers that were approved for PTS prior to the 'window' closing. Are these RS' customer orders in PTS colors - 'Signal Green', 'Gelbgrün', 'Riviera Blue', et al. - proceed as scheduled? If the dealer inputted the PTS color in the client's order, and the color is on the pre-approved PTS list, then the order will be accepted and honored.

4) Are some customers that requested PTS but were never approved going now to have option to choose 'Black', 'Racing Yellow' or 'Miami Blue'? When will they be told? As long as the order has an approved PTS color on it now, then that client will have the option to switch to Black, Racing Yellow, or Miami Blue to cut down the 5-month delay to approximately a 4-week delay instead.

5) Are 'Black', 'Racing Yellow' & 'Miami Blue' going to cost $3140, or $5500, for your RS customers? $5,500

6) Is the new 'Miami Blue' based on the 1957 356A 'Aquamarine', but just a few shades off? Sort of how the new 'Lava Orange' is based on 'Tangerine/Blutorange' or 'Club Blau' is based on 'Acid Blue'? Similar, but Miami Blue is a little lighter. Please see attached. When I compare it to Riviera or Mexico Blue, the Miami Blue sample has a lot more green in it:

7) Why is 'Ultraviolet' going to be discontinue after November 991 gt3 RS production? I do not know the future plans for Ultraviolet after November.

8) When will US customers with MY2016 gt3 RS allocations that have requested 'PTS' (and have filed their wishes with 'Porsche Exclusive' via their dealers as was requested by PCNA earlier) be notified whether or not their PTS requests will be honored/approved/allowed? The dealer can see if the paint has been ordered, and should alert their customers accordingly.
9) Were any of the limited MY2016 gt3 (non RS) allocated to US dealers allowed to be done in PTS? No.

I hope this helps! Have a great week.

Warm regards,
Melissa

Melissa Witek
Porsche Exclusive - Personal Design Manager
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354

Saludos,
Eduardo
Jet-lagged in Bietigheim

Old 07-15-2015, 11:00 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Jet lagged and on the job!!
Old 07-16-2015, 12:34 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Presently in Germany...

Dear Rennlisters:

Will try to keep it simple & concise to cover the highlights of this visit..or should I say pilgrimage. Last time I was at Zuffenhausen was in 2013 in April. That visit was covered on the following thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...a-991-gt3.html

I arrived with my wife this morning (July 15th) at Frankfurt International on a direct flight from San Francisco. Rented an Avis Mercedes A car and headed to our first location which will be our base for the next two days. It's a 'Romantik Hotel' in the town of Bietigheim.

The place we are staying is the F. Von-Schiller:

http://www.friedrich-von-schiller.co...=hotel&lang=en

After taking a brief walk around town, we prepared for our first appointment on our trip. Jürgen Barth, retired works driver and winner of Le Mans in 1977 driving a 936 with Jacky Ickx & Hurley Haywood, had invited us to dinner at his home in a nearby town (all north of Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jürgen_Barth

Surprisingly, Jürgen had also invited Michael Roock & his wife Angela to the dinner. Michael is an old friend from the 1990's that I knew when he ran a famous racing team with his brother Fabian! His team won the gt2 class at Le Mans in 1996 and Roock Racing was quite a force for a number of years in international competitive Porsche motorsport!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roock_Racing

The blonde next to me is Jürgen's French girlfriend. My wife is in this next shot:

What a fabulous start to a vacation in Germany! A lot of stories and...a lot of wine. Jürgen did all the cooking by himself. He is quite the chef! I will see him next at our home in Carmel during Rennsport V. The latter will be the occasion for his next visit to the United States!

Tomorrow will mark the first of two days of visits to Porsche in Zuffenhausen. Will keep all posted.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ly-2015-a.html

If anyone wants to follow this visit, please go to the thread above at the gt3 forum since its going to be too time consuming to duplicate same thread on this forum! Thanks

Saludos,
Eduardo
Bietigheim, Germany
Old 07-16-2015, 08:45 AM
Intermediate

This is L137 Lime green/GelbGrun original paint

lime green (137)

Code 137 Lime Green (Gelb Grün)

Gelb green is actually a 'creamy' green

Planai Classic 2010 Porsche 911 Carrera gelbgrün

What is this video Green color?

http://www.autogespot.de/porsche-997...-40/2012/03/21
What is the green color? very similar to the 137, What do you think?

Last edited by 694; 07-17-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:23 AM
Intermediate

Last edited by 694; 07-16-2015 at 11:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!