Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather fuse box covers

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) based on the configurator the covers are all black so if you have light carpet then consider spending the small sum to fix that, or

2) wait until MaCarbon are doing them in carbon fiber - i had that piece for my 987 and swapped it to the 997 turbo. didn't see it much, but it was nice when i took the effort.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:44 PM
typecase
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO, Porsche should just cover them in carpet! They're an eyesore. I have a luxor beige interior and the covers are a strange taupe brown that really sticks out like a sore thumb. I wish I had ordered the fuse box covers in leather, at least it would look more "classy." Trying to get them aftermarket is proving to be a bear.

Anyone have any solutions that worked? Anybody successfully carpet these? If so, where do you get the carpet?
Old 07-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 58 Posts

To be clear--they are being delivered in the interior-matching color even with standard leather.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:36 AM
HotLap
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brianja
I would think that on a darker interior like black or espresso you wouldn't need the leather covers aesthetically as they won't stand out too much.

On a light interior like luxor beige, platinum or pebble grey the large black fuse cover will stand out more and the leather cover might make more sense.
Hmm, in my Luxor Beige (full leather) interior both the fuse covers are Luxor beige - not black. I checked just now and they are plastic but being the same color they blend in quite well and I doubt down there I would notice if it was leather rather than the plastic...

Quick Reply: Leather fuse box covers