Sponsored by:

Typical Dealer Upsell?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 330 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
i paid $600 for 5yrs of Tire and wheel coverage. I already had 1 non fixable tire replaced (about $550ish) . So for me its working out.
Same here. For my present 997 C4S I paid about $600 for it and used $425 of it last month for a rear tire puncture I could stick my pinky in (almost got the wheel also). Never bought this kind of stuff before, but will probably spring for it again, but nothing else. It has tangible benefits and the 991 tires are even more expensive. Negotiated a .25% loan discount with it, so now it's pretty much paid for.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jrt600
There was none of this when I bought my last Porsche (from Roger Beasley Porsche in Austin)...very refreshing. But I have heard from others that the tire & wheel insurance is a good idea if your part of the country is known for its bad roads.
This^^^^^^
Old 07-24-2012, 10:00 PM
PMAA
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks folks this is great information!!

I think I’m going to go with the tire and wheel insurance for sure (roads are bad in this part of the USA). I’m on the fence however about the clears … but if I do get them it sounds like having someone other than the dealer put them on is best. I had to laugh at the post by clembo and the salesmen who was selling key insurance! Never heard that one before…

Since I have about another month to wait for delivery I sent my salesperson an email requesting a list of all the up-sell items and costs. I’ll let you know what I receive.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Typical Dealer Upsell?