Sponsored by:

PASM Sport Spoiler R&R

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 10:10 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts
Default PASM Sport Spoiler R&R

I found out yesterday that if you back up just so from a perfectly sloping driveway to the street, it is possible to remove the front spoiler with one motion, hands free.

It also goes back into place easily, by gently pushing hard formed plastic shapes into holes in the front of the bumper cap, everything aligning perfectly due to the guide tabs at the ends that fit in retangular holes under in the bottom of the cap.

I am only half surprised that Porsche didnt make the rear cap similarly "quick release" given the need for R&R for easy access to service the engine. Would be the ultimate trick for the keyless entry option!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:10 PM
HotLap
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
I found out yesterday that if you back up just so from a perfectly sloping driveway to the street, it is possible to remove the front spoiler with one motion, hands free.

It also goes back into place easily, by gently pushing hard formed plastic shapes into holes in the front of the bumper cap, everything aligning perfectly due to the guide tabs at the ends that fit in retangular holes under in the bottom of the cap.

I am only half surprised that Porsche didnt make the rear cap similarly "quick release" given the need for R&R for easy access to service the engine. Would be the ultimate trick for the keyless entry option!
LOL, glad you didn't ruin the spoiler with your "involuntary" R&R procedure! Glad to hear it is that easy to reattach!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:43 PM
John's 991
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to know!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:10 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc

Get a set of curb ramps and you won't have to worry about it every time you go up/down your driveway.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:53 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by 10 GT3
Get a set of curb ramps and you won't have to worry about it every time you go up/down your driveway.
Not my driveway! Actually, it was a surprise but a remarkably small deal, so just more careful to back out same a going in- angled rather than perpendicular.

The neat thing is that it is a snap off n on- no fasteners. Expect custom aftermarket spoilers given ease of installation.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:41 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Good information, thank you. And I'm glad it was not a big deal for you.

Quick Reply: PASM Sport Spoiler R&R