Sponsored by:

Spacers and cost

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 01:40 PM
spourreza
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Spacers and cost

Hi everyone, what size spacers do you recommend on the 19's for front and back? Where do you get them and how much should the whole thing cost including the removal of wheels?
Old 07-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Suncoast have the 5mm F/R OEs in stock for arround $300. I wouldn't go further than that.
IMO they are a must in a Sport PASM equipped car just for the looks. They fill the gaps real nice. I ordered my Base 991 with spacers from factory but took them off because the car looked weird with the non PASM height.
As soon as I lower my car with Eibach springs I will put them on again.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:56 PM
spourreza
Pro

Interesting.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:28 PM
TSpyder
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

5mm look pretty good with normal PASM...

Spyder
Old 07-14-2012, 10:00 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 321 Likes on 194 Posts

Are those 19s? If not that may explain the prior post.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:30 PM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 454 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Are those 19s? If not that may explain the prior post.
those are 20" wheels. I have the same wheels and put 5mm spacers on...they look fine. no pasm.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:36 PM
TSpyder
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

+1. C2S w/20" wheels, PASM, 5mm spacers...
Old 07-15-2012, 08:19 AM
spourreza
Pro

will 5mm spacers look good on 19's?
Old 07-15-2012, 10:35 AM
kbalch
Advanced

I'm in the midst of the endless configuration process prior to ordering my new C2S this fall. I'll be getting the 20" Carrera S wheels and, while I've considered the 5mm spacers, I just can't believe that 5mm on each side can possibly make much of a difference. Discernible, probably, but significant? Not to me, so far as I can tell.

That said, I'm certainly open to having my mind changed in favor of the spacers. Can anyone show before & after photos of the same car from the same angle(s) to demonstrate the actual visual gains realized by installing the little buggers?

Thanks!

Ken
Old 07-15-2012, 02:22 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by kbalch
I'm in the midst of the endless configuration process prior to ordering my new C2S this fall. I'll be getting the 20" Carrera S wheels and, while I've considered the 5mm spacers, I just can't believe that 5mm on each side can possibly make much of a difference. Discernible, probably, but significant? Not to me, so far as I can tell.

That said, I'm certainly open to having my mind changed in favor of the spacers. Can anyone show before & after photos of the same car from the same angle(s) to demonstrate the actual visual gains realized by installing the little buggers?

Thanks!

Ken
It's one of those things where the car looks better with them though if you didn't know it had spacers you be hard pressed to pinpoint why. My 997 has the factory 5mm spacers and it just fills out the wheelwells that much better.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:21 PM
HotLap
Racer

Originally Posted by kbalch

Thanks!

Ken
Ditto, I'd love to see the before and after pics of a spacer addition. I was considerig gettting these, but 5mm seems like a very small width to be able to tell any difference
Old 07-15-2012, 08:34 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 321 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by HotLap
Ditto, I'd love to see the before and after pics of a spacer addition. I was considerig gettting these, but 5mm seems like a very small width to be able to tell any difference
Hotlap,
I don't think 5 mm spacers are going to add much unless you get it lowered some. Lower plus the spacers would give that "full wheel in well look". Besides, your car looks great - totally classy- just the way it is.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:46 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

5mm? i wouldnt even bother buying them

i have 20mm hubcentric spacers.. w/ extended bolts.. they were like 250 for the set.. adaptec spacers.. they ride and work perfectly.

5mm is less than 1/4"... if you can notice that, then idk..

20mm the fronts still sink in on these giant fenders.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:47 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by spourreza
Hi everyone, what size spacers do you recommend on the 19's for front and back? Where do you get them and how much should the whole thing cost including the removal of wheels?
you can remove the wheels yourself... just get one of the "rods" that you screw into the hub to make lining everything up easier.

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Hotlap,
I don't think 5 mm spacers are going to add much unless you get it lowered some. Lower plus the spacers would give that "full wheel in well look". Besides, your car looks great - totally classy- just the way it is.

lowering car makes wheels "sink in" so you would need a wider spacer
Old 07-15-2012, 08:59 PM
kbalch
Advanced

Originally Posted by rijowysock
5mm? i wouldnt even bother buying them
That's pretty much what I thought. I'll pass on them...

i have 20mm hubcentric spacers.. w/ extended bolts.. they were like 250 for the set.. adaptec spacers.. they ride and work perfectly.

20mm the fronts still sink in on these giant fenders.
Can you show before/after photos with the 20mm spacers, just to illustrate the difference?

Ken

Quick Reply: Spacers and cost