Sponsored by:

Thoughts on Porsche haters

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 02:29 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 977 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Yeah,you can only see the front and one of the wheels with the center lock and ceramic brakes. It must have been a 997.2 GT3 or GTS.
Hahaha...yeah... You've guessed it...I'm that crazy!
Turbo S
Old 07-11-2012, 01:59 PM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by neanicu
Yeah,you can only see the front and one of the wheels with the center lock and ceramic brakes. It must have been a 997.2 GT3 or GTS.
Hahaha...yeah... You've guessed it...I'm that crazy!
well, i was checking the wheels out as i thought they would look good on my car
Old 07-11-2012, 03:48 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have experienced this since literally the drive home from the dealer in my first Porsche... and that was in 2004; obviously that was WELL before our current times so it is not a recent phenomena. Truth is that the ratio of a-holes to normal people is probably 1:100,000 but that 1 person is all it takes.

I've been swerved at on the highway, cut off repeatedly, followed for miles, brake checked, insulted at the gas station, etc. etc. et cetera. On the road I just pull out the phone and start recording video and that makes them disappear. At the gas station I just smile bigger as they blow their pie holes.

It is a negative but not so big a negative that I wouldn't drive the car... though turbo power and the ability to accelerate away insanely fast is very handy.

I always park in the farthest corner of the parking lot... and that's fine because walking is good exercise.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by limey940
I have noticed in movies lately how the douche often drives a Porsche.
most recently in TED, the Joel Mchale character, and before that in bridesmaids, the jon hamm character.
When my wife and i saw Ted and the douche was walking back to his car with the girl i whispered to her that i bet he had a porsche....and so it turned out
so, obviously the sentiment that some of the folks express is mainstream...
Yes, this has been the case through the years, hasn't it? Remember the 911 SC the doctor drove (and Spalding vomited in) in Caddyshack? And the red Carrera that Jeremy Pivin's character drove in Old School? Or the boss in Office Space? All jerks. All in 911's.

Hollywood...phhhht!

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Porsche haters