Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone opt for wood interior?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012 | 01:28 AM
Alan Siegel
Advanced

Default anyone opt for wood interior?

i just bought a 2012 cayenne last week and got the dark walnut interior package and love the look. i know there is a mahogany option for the 991 but i'm not a mahogany fan. its too red for my tastes. has anyone ordered a car with the wood options? if it was walnut i'd add it in a minute. maybe its a sacrilege but i did always love it in my SL's, 650i, and 320 cabs. i have a 2009 911s cab now that i'm trading in for the 991 cab and i was curious if anyone else has opted for it and if they liked it or regretted it?
Old 06-29-2012 | 10:32 AM
kbalch
Advanced

FWIW, I'm planning on ordering the wood trim on my upcoming C2S. Dark Blue Metallic exterior & Yachting Blue interior w/wood.

I must be running though the configurator half a dozen times each day; it's driving my wife nuts! :-)

Ken
Old 10-28-2012 | 02:28 PM
migg48
1st Gear

I am thinking of white exterior, Yachting Blue with mahogany interior. I wish they offered the same laminated mahogany and holly in the 991 that they do in the Panamera. I think it would look good with the Y.B. interior.
Old 10-28-2012 | 06:00 PM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

I love the look and warmth of wood, but not in a Ferrari, Lambo or 911. Every mass produced car seems to have wood, or faux wood, in an attempt to "class up" their interiors. To me the 911 has its own class that isn't consistent with slabs of high gloss wood glued around the interior. I love wire wheels, particularly Borannis, but only on certain classic cars. The styling cues that look right on my Harley touring bike would look silly on my vintage Ducati...and vise versa. Just me of course. You're gonna spend a bunch of dough on a 991, wood or no wood so get what you like. If we all agreed on everything we would be fighting over the same woman. You are going to love the car, that is certain.

Quick Reply: anyone opt for wood interior?