Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 Teething Troubles anyone ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 07:01 PM
dochusar
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had either Sirius or XM in cars over the years. My Porsches have been neither better or worse. Anything that blocks view of the horizon where the satelite is positioned will cause loss of reception.

I was hoping when Sirius and XM fully merge, then we would be able to have antennae to catch both receivers.

In my experience with Mercedes and Porsche HD reception varies quite a bit.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:05 AM
John's 991
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Sirius in mine cuts out all the time too, quite annoying. Even in wide open, highly populated areas. Interestingly it works better in the middle of nowhere.

Other than that, it's been great including some track days.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:01 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

My 991 XM radio works pretty much the same as the one in my Infiniti G-35. Mostly very good with occassional dropouts in both. I alternate cars commuting and they drop out identically in sections of my company parking garage. The FM is great and the HD feature does well with extra stations.

So far I have had only the "door card rattle" -easily stopped with a 3/5 card- and have the keyless entry hood "hand sensor" consisteny not work first thing in the morning- but always the rest of the day. Must be a capacitor in there somewhere that is not holding charge.

My dealer has told me to bring the car in any time, but suggests that the factory is lilkely to have fixes as more cars are sold, and to wait a bit to see if there are other issues to get it all done at once. Seems reasonable for such minor stuff to me for a new car. I understand they have had one real issue with a car in inventory- requiring replacing a PDK trans, and a smaller one finding a sticking switch in a wind blocker that prevented the car from starting, resloved afer consternation with lubrication.

Quick Reply: 991 Teething Troubles anyone ?