Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sport exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 11:29 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Center exhaust. Only one outlet on base.

Will try and get some more pics as its up in the air. Center can same as "S" but no bypass to tip.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:26 PM
ScorpionT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
Center exhaust. Only one outlet on base.

Will try and get some more pics as its up in the air. Center can same as "S" but no bypass to tip.
Cool, thanks for the pic.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:42 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 82 Posts

Go for PSE, it's worth it.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:03 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by fester
Go for PSE, it's worth it.
messed around with a bunch of stuff today, will make an updated post with the best way to get power gains on the car.. we messed with bypassing center exhaust, and bypassing side exhaust...

also some good info on improving the feel of the car, i finally got the 997.2 feeling in my 991... feels like a new car.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:11 AM
John@Fabspeed
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Rijo is correct about the three systems. I have a copy of the service information booklet that has information and diagrams of all three systems. Fabspeed is readying our systems for this car (which include center and side muffler bypasses).

Jeff
Old 06-20-2012, 01:07 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jeff at Fabspeed
Rijo is correct about the three systems. I have a copy of the service information booklet that has information and diagrams of all three systems. Fabspeed is readying our systems for this car (which include center and side muffler bypasses).

Jeff
side bypass is same for all vehicles so i have a feeling that will be the first and most affordable thing offered since it can be made in bulk? i have heard of a company out west Surpreme Power sending their side bypasses out to be mass produced....

i feel that the car still needs a center bypass X pipe or even just a cross over (for base), the S might be difficult to create a center bypass for. then again it would be just like the GT3 center bypass system (but inversed) 2 inlet 4 outlet, versus GT3 4 inlet, 2 outlet.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:15 PM
cartoon blue
Advanced

Have mine without the sports exhaust option and it is perfect for HK, and btw, it is 115% tax in HK for our car's price. I think you will enjoy the sound, let us know what you think!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:37 PM
tackdriver
6th Gear

We have an S without sport exhaust, and I originally regretted not getting it. Then I went to the Porsche road show and drove the S on the track. I honestly could not tell the difference with it on or off. I asked the instructors if it does anything and they all said no, then a porsche mechanic chimed in with agreement. Now I am glad we did not spend the extra money.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:04 PM
jason74
Instructor

That exhaust on the S sure looks heavy. Seems like an easy diet program from factory.

Seperately, I sure love the pics of the underside of the car. Even more fascinating to me than the outer skin. So complex.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:10 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 322 Likes on 194 Posts

I think the sound symposer (on in Sport mode) provides sweet engine intake noises, and the stock S exhaust sounds plenty aggressive in a deep Porsche way. A PSE car I drove added nothing more than overrun brapps and pops, a trace on upshift and a good bit on downshifts, especially braking hard. My car from inventory did not have PSE and I am trying hard to convince myself that liking brapps and pops is a sign of immaturity. It is not easy deciding and I am not sure if that is not the best reason to go ahead and get it! Sigh.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:47 PM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just wish the sound symposer technology, that allows the exhaust sound to be greater inside but not outside, could be applied to those Harley riders out there "saving lives" with their open pipes.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:37 PM
ScorpionT
Instructor

Originally Posted by tackdriver
We have an S without sport exhaust, and I originally regretted not getting it. Then I went to the Porsche road show and drove the S on the track. I honestly could not tell the difference with it on or off. I asked the instructors if it does anything and they all said no, then a porsche mechanic chimed in with agreement. Now I am glad we did not spend the extra money.
I have rather good ears and the PSE didnt do a whole lot for me either.

Originally Posted by jason74
That exhaust on the S sure looks heavy. Seems like an easy diet program from factory.

Seperately, I sure love the pics of the underside of the car. Even more fascinating to me than the outer skin. So complex.
It does have some weight to it.

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
I think the sound symposer (on in Sport mode) provides sweet engine intake noises, and the stock S exhaust sounds plenty aggressive in a deep Porsche way. A PSE car I drove added nothing more than overrun brapps and pops, a trace on upshift and a good bit on downshifts, especially braking hard. My car from inventory did not have PSE and I am trying hard to convince myself that liking brapps and pops is a sign of immaturity. It is not easy deciding and I am not sure if that is not the best reason to go ahead and get it! Sigh.
Nothing wrong with the aggressive burbles and pops, doesnt matter what the age. Look at all the guys 65+ driving around their hot rods that make crazy noises. Its all about the passion for what you drive.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:45 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Originally Posted by ScorpionT

Nothing wrong with the aggressive burbles and pops, doesnt matter what the age. Look at all the guys 65+ driving around their hot rods that make crazy noises. Its all about the passion for what you drive.
Uhmm, Scorpion, I am one of those 65+ guys so I understand the passion. I have been having a ball with my 991. It goes like nothing I have ever had and makes wonderful noises inside and out.

So my consideration in deciding to pop for PSE is that the real sound enjoyment it provides is mainly for people outside the car- that is for passersby or for drivers of the cars that you pass or are chasing you at the track. If they could be made to pay for it, I'd do it tomorrow!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:26 PM
ScorpionT
Instructor

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Uhmm, Scorpion, I am one of those 65+ guys so I understand the passion. I have been having a ball with my 991. It goes like nothing I have ever had and makes wonderful noises inside and out.

So my consideration in deciding to pop for PSE is that the real sound enjoyment it provides is mainly for people outside the car- that is for passersby or for drivers of the cars that you pass or are chasing you at the track. If they could be made to pay for it, I'd do it tomorrow!
Im just saying dont rationalize not getting something you want, if you can afford it. If you like it, get it.

I personally need something more aggressive than what the PSE provides, but Im also extremely selective about exhausts and like things a little more crazy.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:49 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Default - 991 exhaust sounds- one is the PSE

http://www.porsche-stuttgart.de/port...50,379898.html

Quick Reply: sport exhaust