Sponsored by:

Weight

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weight

Would appreciate information about the weight of the different wheels. Would also be interested if anyone knows the weight of the sunroof. Cheers.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:30 AM
Roman Dudinov
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read somewhere that 20-inch SportTechno is marginally lighter than other 20-inch wheels because of different technology of production despite the fact it is half an inch wider.

But it would be very interesting to see some precise weight figures for each wheel.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 150 Posts

Speaking of component weight, I would be curious to know how much PDCC weighs. Hydraulic pumps, valves, lines, actuators, etc. - maybe bigger and heavier sway bars - much of the weight being unsprung, I imagine.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Speaking of component weight, I would be curious to know how much PDCC weighs. Hydraulic pumps, valves, lines, actuators, etc. - maybe bigger and heavier sway bars - much of the weight being unsprung, I imagine.
Porsche has supposedly downsized the PDCC components on the 991 from what they were on the Cayenne and Panamera but I don't know the actual weight difference. Since the PDCC hardware, pumps, hydraulics, bars, etc are attached to the frame almost all of the weight is sprung, except for the final link between the frame mounting point and the wheel which would be about the same with PDCC or without.

Quick Reply: Weight