Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 991
Reload this Page >

991 Picture Request: White/Black Wheels & Dark Blue Metallic?

Notices
Sponsored by:

991 Picture Request: White/Black Wheels & Dark Blue Metallic?

Old 03-09-2012, 11:11 AM
RS 987
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991 Picture Request: White/Black Wheels & Dark Blue Metallic?

I recently ordered a 2012 Carrera S and have been agonizing over the great color choices available!

Does anyone have any pics of the new 991S in White with Black Wheels?

And pics of Dark Blue Metallic in different lighting conditions? (indoors / outdoors / in sunlight etc)?

In your opinion, between white and dark blue metallic, which color show cases the design lines of the new 991S more effectively?
Old 03-09-2012, 12:02 PM
TommyV44
Super User

Dark Blue....always the blues
Old 03-09-2012, 12:03 PM
fbroen
User

I went back and forth between a light and dark (silver and black), since I think both look great.

These two pic sets decided it for me. I like these because they were simple "real world" pics and not best lighting and general promotional pics perfectness.

Ultimately, I ordered GT Silver because I thought some of the refined design elements of the 991 get kinda lost on a darker car vs one with more contrasting color to the air intakes and whatnot.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...1cs-black.html

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...-metallic.html

Black rims on white here (p. 14):

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ournal-14.html
Old 03-09-2012, 12:18 PM
RS 987
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks! White on Black Rims looks nice / sporty, but concerned about the huge contrast in 2 colors.
The black wheels almost look lost in the white car (perhaps just personal opinion).

The GT Silver is a solid choice. I saw the paint sample compared to the Platinum Silver (big difference).
GT Silver has more depth in color and is apparently in all of the launch pictures.

I am beginning to see how a lighter color highlights the design very well...GT silver also retains the classic 911 look!
Now I have to decide between white, GT silver and blue!
Old 03-09-2012, 12:29 PM
fbroen
User

Hehe, glad I can add to the choices instead of narrowing down. Not very helpful...

I think almost all 991 to date are Platinum (?), which looks absolutely incredible in the pics. For me, personally (and this is a very subjective choice, obviously), I think the Platinum is a bit too tending towards Champagne.

Enjoy the agony of picking!
Old 03-09-2012, 02:25 PM
pratas
User

Old 03-09-2012, 03:34 PM
rijowysock
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pratas View Post
love it, thats how i ordered my vehicle... satin black wheels on white exterior and black trim.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:57 PM
RS 987
Addict
Rennlist Member

Those pics of the white 911 with black wheels look awesome!!! Carrera white is a striking color!

Unfortunately, the Porsche factory option for black wheels only includes paint on the outer rim of the wheel, and not the entire wheel (throughout).
Plus you're limited with the type of paint finish (gloss), as opposed to matte black paint, or satin black etc.
It does however, still look very nice from a distance.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:29 AM
gkee
User

Here are some pics of my Dark Blue Metallic 991C2S.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/6962...uro-drive.html

06 Land Rover Discovery 3 Black/Beige
Old 05-30-2012, 06:43 AM
Roman Dudinov
User

Actually, I think that between those two, I would go for white with Carrera Classic wheels and wheel spacers. It just looks stunning. I am not a big fan of Carrera Classic but on a white car they just come alive.
Blue is generally beautiful colour but it somehow wipes away this new 991 wider and planted look while white with Carrera Classic put so much emphasis on 991 positively changed design.

My advice is not to fiddle with photos. Try to find such a car and you will see what I am talking about.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:42 PM
tgcrun
Addict
Rennlist Member

Silver was not an option for me because I'm keeping my 997.2, which is silver. I narrowed it down to red, white, dark blue, and aqua blue. After seeing a red one in person, I decided against it because of the lack of contrast with the brakes and taillights. I eliminated the dark blue because I just like lighter colors. I was close to pulling the trigger on aqua, but each time I saw a picture of a white car it pulled me in that direction. Then I saw a white cab with a black top on a dealer's lot. It looked fantastic. My white/black cab order is now locked and should be completed by June 14th.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991 Picture Request: White/Black Wheels & Dark Blue Metallic?

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: